Cochise County System

Hearken

Premium Subscriber
Hello Arizonan's,
Just wanted to ask if Cochise County is a P25 or possibly a Harris, Nextel radio system? I spent two weeks in Tucson AZ, Two days in the Tombstone city area and could not pick up the listed radio reference frequencies. Maybe you could reeducate me and let me know. I was using two Whistler TRX-1's, and both came out negative for reception. My wife and I enjoy coming to Arizona once a year. Thanks for your time in this issue.

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
Cochise County operates a P25/II system for CCSO, Tombstone Marshal's Office, Sierra Vista PD, County FD. among others. Other agencies may still use analog systems or have some access to CCSO's P25 system.

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber
Hello Arizonan's,
Just wanted to ask if Cochise County is a P25 or possibly a Harris, Nextel radio system? I spent two weeks in Tucson AZ, Two days in the Tombstone city area and could not pick up the listed radio reference frequencies. Maybe you could reeducate me and let me know. I was using two Whistler TRX-1's, and both came out negative for reception. My wife and I enjoy coming to Arizona once a year. Thanks for your time in this issue.

I'm not familiar with the TRX-1, is it capable of Phase 2 trunking?

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber
Hello Arizonan's,

Forget my earlier post, I looked it up and the TRX-1 does receive Phase 2 systems so this is not the potential problem I thought it might have been.

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber
Hello Arizonan's,

When I looked up the TRX-1 I noticed it has 4 batteries. I wish I had bought it rather than the BCD325P2, which only has 2. Excuse me for getting off topic here.

I wonder why you weren't getting any receptions when others did? That remains the mystery here.