• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Connect tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwassist

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Is there a way to find out a connect tone for a trunking system that doesn't have it listed on RR?

jim202

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Is there a way to find out a connect tone for a trunking system that doesn't have it listed on RR?

Why are you asking about a connect tone on a scanner site? A scanner doesn't need that information.

If your asking about it, then you should be talking with the system administrator and not on here. Only a transmitter needs that information to program a radio for a trunking system.

nwassist

Banned

I am more wondering than wanting to program a radio. I don't understand why its on the info page of some TRS sites on here and not others. Its nothing nefarious but just wondering.

so many people are programing radios to monitor trunking systems WHY? buy a scanner and stay out of trouble and maybe some jail time.

dave

nwassist

Banned

Why is the connect tones even on the Radio Reference site? That's my question- I don't need to program a radio. It is illegal and I am wondering why its on a scanner site.

Last edited:

OCO

.....deleted......

OP was apparently not referring to CTCSS/PL tones (doh!)
Thanks, Bezking for straightening me out......

Last edited:

nwassist

Banned

I see connect tones for trunking systems- for example on the Multnomah County Oregon site for RR, there is a connect tone. This isn't a PL or DPL tone but a connect tone. Is there a scanner that uses a Motorola connect tone or can see it?

bezking

If you have a scanner you don't need it and no scanner displays it.

The CT is used for programming radios to transmit and function on the system, which is something you shouldn't be doing... :)

nwassist

Banned

Thank you! That's what I am saying-why is it on here and how is the info getting on here?

bezking

Just like everything in the database, it's there because people submit it. Where they get it from is anyone's guess. We post it because it would be silly to throw away valid information about a system.

Last edited:

nwassist

Banned

Ok, can't this info be used for negative activities? I wouldn't want my ATM pin number published and that's information also.
I am not trying to argue but bring up thought on here some.

bezking

Sure it could be. A lot of the information on this site could be used negatively. But, actually, there is only a limited number of possible connect tones AFAIK so it wouldn't be that hard to calculate or find it.

nwassist

Banned

I see your point. I appreciate your replies!

ecps92

Some folks submit it , some Don't.

Only recently did RR reformat the DB To include it.

Outside of the programming for a Two-Way radio the NAC and Connect Tones come in handy, when you find a Single Frequency when in SEARCH but can't find the Control Channel [Band Opennings]

It's just another piece of the puzzle to add for reference.

ecps92

PL/DPL tones can be used for Negative Actions too, as well we input frequencies for repeaters....but now we are getting OFF Topic.

Ok, can't this info be used for negative activities? I wouldn't want my ATM pin number published and that's information also.
I am not trying to argue but bring up thought on here some.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Some folks submit it , some Don't.

Only recently did RR reformat the DB To include it....
Yes and no.

Yes, some folks submit it, some don't. The TRS Connect tone has been a feature in the DB since way back in the TrunkedRadio.net days. It may well have been in place on the SE US Trunking Radio page but I don't really recall.

As how you can obtain it? It is transmitted on the CCh data stream, no real mystery. It has been detected by Trunker and all the other decoding software forever.

trumpetman

Database Admin
I have a fancy expensive receive-only radio that monitors the local regional trunked system that has connect tone information in it....

Now before anyone freaks out, it's called a RadioShack PRO106....

This information is common knowledge and displayed on some modern trunk tracking scanners. Just because someone is asking a question doesn't mean one can automatically assume the worst.

ecps92

Yes my error [no coffee at that time] mean't the NAC was only just added to many of them...:D

Yes and no.

Yes, some folks submit it, some don't. The TRS Connect tone has been a feature in the DB since way back in the TrunkedRadio.net days. It may well have been in place on the SE US Trunking Radio page but I don't really recall.

As how you can obtain it? It is transmitted on the CCh data stream, no real mystery. It has been detected by Trunker and all the other decoding software forever.

OCO

I have a fancy expensive receive-only radio that monitors the local regional trunked system that has connect tone information in it....

Now before anyone freaks out, it's called a RadioShack PRO106....

This information is common knowledge and displayed on some modern trunk tracking scanners. Just because someone is asking a question doesn't mean one can automatically assume the worst.

Your Pro106's display of "CT" is GRE's abbreviation for CTCSS, not Connect Tone. The difference is defined earlier in this thread.. (Hey, gain a little knowledge, share it....) <grin>

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Many scanner users use Connect Tones for different things on this site. Most newer scanners will display the Connect Tones on the screen.

I use the Connect Tone listed on RadioReference. To see what P25 NAC's those trunked system would use.

To determine the NAC for a P25 voice-capable Motorola trunked system:
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Motorola#Connect_Tones

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.