• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CPS 2.0 Copyable FRS and GMRS Channel Lists / Codeplug Paste

L3KDE

Coffee Grounder (Lightning Proof)
Premium Subscriber
You can copy the below XML code, then right click in the "Zones" section of CPS 2.0 and click "Paste" and it will create zones for you for FRS and GMRS, respectively.

Please note: Do not use this to transmit GMRS or FRS on non-GMRS / FRS licensed radios. Remember, FRS and GMRS are licensed to the radio, so technically using GMRS or FRS on a non-licensed radio is like using a business frequency or ham radio frequency without being licensed. This is for monitoring, and I guess TXing in an emergency. Sure, it's unlikely anyone would ever care, but I don't necessarily endorse any such behavior.

Also note: You will need a 20/25KHZ entitlement key on your CPS 2.0 program to be able to save most of the GMRS frequencies. If you don't have one, you'll have to take a quick class and purchase it for the whopping fee of $0. Contact Motorola if you're unsure how. They're nice :) at least with that issue. In general the company is... well, complicated.

FRS List:
FRS List on hastebin
(Backup Link)

GMRS List:
GMRS List on hastebin
(Backup Link)

JoReyes80

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for sharing this, sorry for my ignorance, i am new into this radio thing, i assume the CPS 2.0 is not only for Motorola radios, can be also for others, like Baofeng or Radioditty, am i correct?
Thank you again.

lookforthe1

You can copy the below XML code, then right click in the "Zones" section of CPS 2.0 and click "Paste" and it will create zones for you for FRS and GMRS, respectively.

Please note: Do not use this to transmit GMRS or FRS on non-GMRS / FRS licensed radios. Remember, FRS and GMRS are licensed to the radio, so technically using GMRS or FRS on a non-licensed radio is like using a business frequency or ham radio frequency without being licensed. This is for monitoring, and I guess TXing in an emergency. Sure, it's unlikely anyone would ever care, but I don't necessarily endorse any such behavior.

Also note: You will need a 20/25KHZ entitlement key on your CPS 2.0 program to be able to save most of the GMRS frequencies. If you don't have one, you'll have to take a quick class and purchase it for the whopping fee of $0. Contact Motorola if you're unsure how. They're nice :) at least with that issue. In general the company is... well, complicated.

FRS List:
FRS List on hastebin
(Backup Link)

GMRS List:
GMRS List on hastebin
(Backup Link)
I dont use cps2.0 will this work on 16/868?

merlin

I just run a second instance of CPS with the 29 GMRS channels then drag the zone to the first instance and VIOLA,
A new GMRS zone.
Yea, don't transmit without a GMRS license.

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
Remember, FRS and GMRS are licensed to the radio, so technically using GMRS or FRS on a non-licensed radio is like using a business frequency or ham radio frequency without being licensed.
Radios to be used on FRS and GMRS (and MURS) must be type-accepted. Using a Part 90 (or modified Part 97) radio on those services violates FCC regulations (unless the Part 90 radio was also certified for Part 95).

Type acceptance and licensing are not the same. MURS and FRS are "license-free" (or more accurately license by rule).

GMRS requires a no-test license from the FCC. Simply holding a type-accepted GMRS radio does not give one the right to use it; you need a license.

lookforthe1

FRS List:
FRS List on hastebin
(Backup Link)

GMRS List:
GMRS List on hastebin
(Backup Link)
tried copy paste the way u said and no luck

L3KDE

Premium Subscriber
Small update, the wideband license is $5.

Can confirm copying all the text, right clicking in the "zones" section of cps 2.0, and pasting, it worked.

As far as older CPS versions, Im not sure. I dont have any of those as theyre paid versions and CPS 2.0 is free.

L3KDE

Premium Subscriber
That license applies to an entire CPS 2.0 install, at least.

dickie757

Wired
That license applies to an entire CPS 2.0 install, at least.
Right. I should have said, so my install of 2.0 would give me wideband capabilities to program my van radio. I am a bit reluctant to put GMRS channels into the 5350e.