CRAZY band opening looks to be happening again this evening....

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
Just woke up, I always check when a cold front rolls through. Reception seems moderately better for the few things I do get, but sadly nothing exotic or new.

CaptDan

Seems like UHF is wide open, Not only am I receiving Jacksonville 100 miles away in Crystal River, I am able to hit the GMRS repeater from a mobile, appx 106 miles away.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Seems like UHF is wide open, Not only am I receiving Jacksonville 100 miles away in Crystal River, I am able to hit the GMRS repeater from a mobile, appx 106 miles away.
The same night I was picking up Clay Cnty p25 with 1-3 bars and St Johns P25 for for a few mints.

baayers

November 27-28 was awesome. I live in Pinellas County and this was one of the better openings I’ve seen in the last couple of years.

On the FM band my Sangean HDR14 just using its built in telescopic antenna was locking onto HD signals from Atlanta and Birmingham, and analog signals from as far north as Louisville and Chicago. Considering B-96 only has 3300 watts I was extremely impressed.

on the weather banned my local signal from Tampa, which normally comes booming in, was completely replaced by Jacksonville for about 5 hours. During the rest of the evening, I had weather stations from Mobile, New Orleans and Nashville all come in and out. Even on the railroad band at one point I was hearing defect detectors from around the Folkston Georgia area. On 800 MHz I was picking up digital systems from bay county, Florida and Houston county Alabama.

my only regret was having to get up and go to work the next morning. Here’s to hoping the next band opening will be here sooner than later.

kny2xb

I'm in Dunedin/North Clearwater

From about 6:15 PM until 7:30 PM, I was on 462.725, had 3 QSO's & checked into the GMRS net in Perry, FL
The net control said that I was their furthest contact so far
Plus, I was on my 4-5 watt h-t outside

At first I thought it was the Bartow repeater in Polk County
I was very surprised when the 1st op said that he was in Tallahassee on the Perry machine

As of 8:30 PM, VHF is still open as I'm picking up 4 different NOAA channels

kny2xb

I'm in Dunedin/North Clearwater

From about 6:15 PM until 7:30 PM, I was on 462.725, had 3 QSO's & checked into the GMRS net in Perry, FL
The net control said that I was their furthest contact so far
Plus, I was on my 4-5 watt h-t outside

At first I thought it was the Bartow repeater in Polk County
I was very surprised when the 1st op said that he was in Tallahassee on the Perry machine

As of 8:30 PM, VHF is still open as I'm picking up 4 different NOAA channels
An op in Brandon, Hillsborough County checked in just before the Perry net closed, he beat me out lol, 170 miles to my 153 miles

baayers

I really kicked myself that my HT batteries were dead and needed a charge. At one point I was picking up a ham repeater from Tallahassee where there was a conversation going on between someone locally there from Quincy, and someone else from Orlando. The operator from Orlando was running an HT with 5 W and was hitting the repeater with almost full quieting. Later on I picked up DMR traffic from the Holmes County sheriffs office in Bonifay.

just got home and it looks like the bands are open again. Here’s to another good night of DX.

kny2xb

I was on break at work Friday evening, I was on 462.650, I spoke with an op from Sebring, he said this was the Fort Drum repeater,
I also spoke with another op from Sebring & one from Clermont

On my way home, I also picked up an FM station from Sebring on 99.1 which was clashing with WFLA locally [Kenny Rogers The Gambler vs George Noory Coast-to-Coast AM]
I probably should have scanned/searched the FM dial, but it was after midnight & I was beat

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
About 30 mints on gmrs I was talking to someone from Sarasota gmrs on the Lakeland tower. Seems Bands are shifting around

kny2xb

About 15 minutes ago, I heard someone call for a radio check on my scanner on the Sarasota 650,
but when I got the h-t turned on & responded, the op was gone

Lately, the cool evenings & mornings have produced some great UHF DX

The Perry 725 repeater has been making the trip to Pinellas & Hillsborough counties

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
For a few hours bands been good with uhf. Someone from st Pete area was hitting the Lakeland gmrs. I was able to hit the 462.650 repeater not sure if it was Sarasota or another location.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
A few hours ago I was on gmrs 675 and was talking to someone by Palm Bay Area. A few hours after that someone by the villages on 725. Seems the bands are opening up.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
During the night was picking up some lee county and port charlotte and Marion stuff. I was barely getting clay electric.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I’m picking up fpl sites in the ne Fl. Also picking up clay electric tier3. I did 700-900 search didn’t see much. Also getting a p25 slers s75. All this is in Polk county

zlandmedia

not that florida man
Another crazy night of band openings tonight. Hearing FMs from all over the state at my house that some local stations are coming in weaker than usual.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Yea it has been going nuts. I was able to key up on a few gmrs repeaters from my my location. I was able to hit tampa 575 and guessing Sarasota 650

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
After 10pm I was picking up all kinds of different areas. I was picking up fpl s79 clay electric and some cap+ systems unknown also got some site info NL for Fl fleettalk.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Bands are sure crazy the past few hours. A few mints ago I’m getting s28 from Fl Fleet talk. The past few hours been getting clay electric 1.1 2.2 2.3. From last week and this week been losing the local tv stations.