CSN + Hurricane tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb872033

I was watching the news last evening, and in the weather section when reffering to then T.S. Dolly now Hurricane Dolly, the meterologist used a graphic that pooled all of the availiable computer modeling tracks together on one map using various number and color coated lines to represent each orginization or computer models track, in the bottom of the graphic it was credited to "CSN" , i was wondering if this image was made for every tropical system and if anyone here had heard of it or know where i might acess it on the web. it seems like a nice unbiased objective way to figure the track of the storm, and it was a really cool image, is this image acessable to the public, or does anyone out there know of a similar type graphic out there or site that makes these images for tropical systems? for anyone out there from CT it was on NBC 30 at like 17:15 last night, i have never seen this type of data presentation incorporating the various tracks from diffrent metorological services put together this way, and i know they didnt make it themselves because it said again Courtsey:CSN...thanks for any info y'all might be able to lend here...

JB

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Just search "hurricane ensemble track" and you'll find many sources. It happens for every tropical system.

jb872033

Thanks for the links guys, the crownweather one is a gold mine...exactly what i was lookin for, thanks blinddog, much appreciated

JB

al95

Hurrican Dolly

I live nearly miles where hurrican Dolly hit. There is some major damage to the entire Rio Grande Valley.
I live in Brownsville,Texas. My home is ok, but will need to do some cleaning outside. Almost all of the city was without power for about five hours. I will keep you post of damage done by the hurrican, and maybe post some pictures.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Glad you survived, used to live on the NC coast and lived through quite a few of them and know firsthand what that is like.

Status
Not open for further replies.