CT State Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

APX7500X2

I'm still hearing MTA Police

MTA Has a bunch of APX7000s that need some upgrading, so the troop G old system is going to stay on for a while, but as they get upgrades and new radios for the new MTA system it could be shut off at any time

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
CSP talk groups are phase 1, so even if you have an older scanner you can still monitor it. The local PDs that are joining the system use or will likely use phase 2 (like Groton PD) so you wouldn't be able to listen to those without a newer scanner.

Besides Bridgeport what other PDs or Fire Departments are joining the new system in Fairfield County?

mkt853

Besides Bridgeport what other PDs or Fire Departments are joining the new system in Fairfield County?
I believe Stamford will be joining. Hopefully other towns will consider it, but Fairfield County towns like blowing money on new radio systems.

motorman105

Premium Subscriber
I’m so glad no one has mentioned the “e” word yet!
I JUST got my SDS200 and was afraid I had a problem with the way I programmed CSP.
I’ll just wait until tomorrow and reprogram!
What time does the RR database get updated?

whsesupv

Premium Subscriber
Programmed both my 996P2 and 325P2 with CSERN. I kept the old system as well because the transition was from West to East. I live in Hartford area and get troop H along with western districts very clear with CSERN.

gofasters4

Isn't encryption defined on a per talkgroup basis in a trunked P25 system? Mouse click on a check box.

Last edited:

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
You can try this CSERN only setup in FressScan

FreeScan CSERN FreeScan.996
I am going to try this when I get home. My 325P2 picks up the new system but not from home (same problem my SDS100 had when the system was first brought online). Don't ask me to even start to figure out why that is the case, but hopefully that file you have there will help, assuming it has control channels and such entered.

cg

Premium Subscriber
The CLMERN is 100% end to end encryption capable. Hardware and firmware is in place for encryption. Any use or non use of encryption is based on if it is available in the individual subscriber radio. If municipalities choose to buy the encryption capable radios, they must comply with the specifications of the system.

chris

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
The CLMERN is 100% end to end encryption capable. Hardware and firmware is in place for encryption. Any use or non use of encryption is based on if it is available in the individual subscriber radio. If municipalities choose to buy the encryption capable radios, they must comply with the specifications of the system.

chris

They can choose to use it though.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
I might be a moron, but is it not true that all you have to do with FreeSCAN to add multiple .996 files is open them all into the program and then upload to the scanner? I have two different files - one I made and one that someone sent me.

WickedRedSoxFan

Premium Subscriber
I have a BCD996P2 and I'm receiving nothing now since the switch over. I have been using FreeScan to upload everything since I can import everything directly from RadioReference. Any advice? I have a discone antenna on the roof and had zero issues before all this. Shoreline area near Clinton.

I have a BCD996P2 and I'm receiving nothing
You should be.

Try the file attached here:

It works.

Last edited:

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
I have a BCD996P2 and I'm receiving nothing now since the switch over. I have been using FreeScan to upload everything since I can import everything directly from RadioReference. Any advice? I have a discone antenna on the roof and had zero issues before all this. Shoreline area near Clinton.

I have been unable to figure it out, but the version of the new system that is imported from the RR database does not come in for me at home on my BCD325P2 or SDS100. I am hearing the state PD on the new system now thanks to a custom Favorite's List that someone gave me, but the BCD325P2 does not use Sentinal and so I can't just copy the working version into it.

If I drive a half a mile up the road, I can hear the CSP on the BCD325P2. So the frequencies are correct and they are there, they just don't work from home for NO discernible reason at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.