CT State Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

WickedRedSoxFan

Premium Subscriber
I got it. If you import everything from Radio Reference it is all correct. I put my BCD996P2 in my car and got state police right down the road. Got nothing from my house. I found out that the antenna at the Troop closest to my house was highly directional (I have a friend that works for communications). I got a better antenna and put that on my roof and am now getting everything perfectly. The new system just has coverage problems that will require hardware correction to overcome. Also: Thank you DoctorDialTone. Your upload matched what I created in freescan exactly so I knew that it was a hardware issue and that’s how I figured all this out.

Thank you DoctorDialTone. Your upload matched what I created in freescan exactly so I knew that it was a hardware issue and that’s how I figured all this out.
Great news! (y)

Just curious - what type of antenna did you get and where did you get it?

Boston 2
Tampa Bay 2

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
I got it. If you import everything from Radio Reference it is all correct. I put my BCD996P2 in my car and got state police right down the road. Got nothing from my house. I found out that the antenna at the Troop closest to my house was highly directional (I have a friend that works for communications). I got a better antenna and put that on my roof and am now getting everything perfectly. The new system just has coverage problems that will require hardware correction to overcome. Also: Thank you DoctorDialTone. Your upload matched what I created in freescan exactly so I knew that it was a hardware issue and that’s how I figured all this out.

That doesn't explain why the RR version of the database does not work at home for me on the 325p2 or sds100 but the custom list that is on the sds100 does work from home. If it was a hardware issue then would it not make sense that neither system would work from that location on that unit?

I cant duplicate the custom favorites list that was given to me for my sds100 on the bcd325p2 because of the difference in software between those 2 scanners.

WickedRedSoxFan

Premium Subscriber

XPS720

Premium Subscriber
New TGID on CT Police CLMRN. I just started getting TGID # 8501 and 8502 as of this weekend and 8502 has the most hits. I did hear them say new equipment test. I do hear them more towards evening. I just can't pinpoint what department. I also get TGID # 1365, 1591 and 5651. I get all transmissions out of Windham county tower.

Thank you,

RESQ766

New TGID on CT Police CLMRN. I just started getting TGID # 8501 and 8502 as of this weekend and 8502 has the most hits. I did hear them say new equipment test. I do hear them more towards evening. I just can't pinpoint what department. I also get TGID # 1365, 1591 and 5651. I get all transmissions out of Windham county tower.

Thank you,
TG 1591 is CSPAN

coolrich55

Thank you,
8501 and 8502 is busy tonight. Sounds like DFEBS. Same type of lingo and call signs that I would hear on the old system. Both in TDMA mode. I believe there was some kind of incident in Coventry.

RESQ766

8501 and 8502 is busy tonight. Sounds like DFEBS. Same type of lingo and call signs that I would hear on the old system. Both in TDMA mode. I believe there was some kind of incident in Coventry.
What site?

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Working structure fire in Coventry.

APX7500X2

Non related question. I heard that efJohnson makes a portable that works with the state police system. Any truth.
The CLMRN has Motorola, EF Johnson, Harris, Kenwood and BK radios all on the system currently

Status
Not open for further replies.