Status
Not open for further replies.

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
I was looking at the screen display color options post, and then this idea popped in my head.

On the SDS200, you can also customize what objects can be shown on the display
(Unit ID, Site ID, TGID, WACN, etc...)

Question:
Which objects are the most useful to have on the display, and why do you like them?

Hit_Factor

I like a minimal display with TG alias and radio ID alias for general monitoring.

When snooping around, detailed display to record the parameters to create a FL.

N8LHG

I was looking at the screen display color options post, and then this idea popped in my head.

On the SDS200, you can also customize what objects can be shown on the display
(Unit ID, Site ID, TGID, WACN, etc...)

Question:
Which objects are the most useful to have on the display, and why do you like them?
I cram as much in the display as I can. I love the crowd of information. I have no real reason for most of it. After decades of analog scanner listening with just a little red light chasing left to right, I enjoy seeing more details.
Screenshot 2021-10-22 214354.jpg

kruser

Well Known Member
Premium Subscriber
I wish they they would have added a Flashing or Blinking checkbox when you select a color choice for given field. With all the info, having one or more select lines flash or blink when a TG is active could come in handy.

N8LHG

I wish they they would have added a Flashing or Blinking checkbox when you select a color choice for given field. With all the info, having one or more select lines flash or blink when a TG is active could come in handy.

I agree! There is an alternate choice. Reverse the line you wanted highlighted. Color background with black letters/numbers. Makes a good standout. I tried it on a few lines, but ended up going back to the black background with color letters/numbers.

MStep

I tried to keep mine as simple but functional as possible. You know what they say about too much of a good thing !

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
WACN
What info would be useful for that?
I read up a bit online about it. But I guess I don't understand what info does it do for monitoring.

Also the D-Error, if I recall that was used on DMR and told you how much of the digital signal was coming through properly.
That the same concept here too?

There are a few others. But I will just ask about these 2 for now, lol

I guess, my overall question would be: Each option that we have to add to our displays.
What options do you like? What is the purpose of it? And how useful is it for us as scanner listeners?

Example: TG 6017is the talkgroup. That is used on a P25 trunked system. And each department that uses that P25 system is assigned a TG to use for each department. TG 6017 would be Horry County. As for scanner listening, it is good to locate TG 6017 for Horry County and monitor the PD.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.