Dallas Fire - Trunked System Rollout 2022

Ensnared

God, I hope these talk groups are not infected with the dreaded "TE." I am looking forward to hearing the new system. It is hard to believe that Dallas waited so long to jump on board.

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
God, I hope these talk groups are not infected with the dreaded "TE." I am looking forward to hearing the new system. It is hard to believe that Dallas waited so long to jump on board.
Based off of what I logged yesterday, it appears every talkgroup in the patrol division except for the main dispatch talkgroup will likely be strapped with Ø.

I heard some testing on TG 36085 earlier, they mentioned "Lancaster Fire Emergency Console" during this test. So this is possibly going to be a Lancaster talkgroup.

Leads me to believe the automated dispatch testing we heard yesterday on TG 36096 could be Lancaster's or another smaller municipalities' automated dispatching. I know I've heard an automated voice on Hutchins' frequency while I was recently in that area as well, so they are a possibility.

riverradio68

Feed Provider
I looked at the new Dallas PD talk groups. Now, I am very confused. When I looked at the sites for Dallas, it shows layers 1 & 2; however, DPD talk groups don't show which layer to use.

It really doesn't matter, you could add both as they have redundancy on either or. But the 700 layer was supposed to be DPD/DFR.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
Ben, I meant the Southside Dallas Co. Regional Fire Dispatch which I thought was separate from Dallas Co. Fire.
Not sure about that. It wouldn't surprise me if they set up talkgroups for individual cities but also have shared generic talkgroups for Southwest Regional Communications Center. That's how the QuadCities/Metrocrest is done up in Addison, Carrollton, Coppell, and Farmers Branch.

t5333

Premium Subscriber
I heard them testing these talkgroups this afternoon (the question marks are just dead air but it showed up temporarily while scanning):

36089 - ?
36092 - Fire staging - testing
36094 - Fire admin - testing
36095 - Lancaster EOC - testing
36098 - Lancester PD primary - testing
36099 - Building search - testing
36100 - ?
36101 - ?
36102 - ?

tangier

Premium Subscriber
Based off of what I logged yesterday, it appears every talkgroup in the patrol division except for the main dispatch talkgroup will likely be strapped with Ø.

I heard some testing on TG 36085 earlier, they mentioned "Lancaster Fire Emergency Console" during this test. So this is possibly going to be a Lancaster talkgroup.

Leads me to believe the automated dispatch testing we heard yesterday on TG 36096 could be Lancaster's or another smaller municipalities' automated dispatching. I know I've heard an automated voice on Hutchins' frequency while I was recently in that area as well, so they are a possibility.

Lancaster appears correct - TG 36085 through TG 36094 was each briefly tested with "Lancaster Fire" or Lancaster Police" - to add to the above: 36089 - EMS OPS 1, 36090 - EMS OPS 2, 36091- SPEC OPS, 36093 - Training, 36101 - PD Traffic

Last edited:

Motoballa

Premium Subscriber
I also noticed talkgroup 7896 on Dallas Layer 2 with UIDs in the 5M range, which is reserved with units belonging to the state. Anyone know of its use? Has anyone seen it on any other NTIRN sites? There are no neighboring talkgroups in this range that have been identified as State of Texas use on the NTIRN. My guess is either a TxDPS talkgroup or possibly TxDOT...I know there are several TxDOT and TxDPS talkgroups on the GATRRS and AARRS systems in South and Central Texas, so could be similar to whatever those are used for down there.

These are the UIDs I've seen so far on 7896, in case anyone has logged them appearing on another system in the area: 5261186, 5621187, 5261189, 5261190, 5261191.

I've been listening to DPS Garland the past few days and now when the dispatcher keys up I hear the trunking talk permit tone in the background, could it be like Mineral Wells where now Garland is testing it for daily usage? The fact the radio ID's are in that exact same chunk of ID space make me think it's some type of coordinated testing. From past expierence DPS vehicles are assigned to a region, so when a Trooper moves from one region to another they take everything but their vehicle, and get one assigned from their new area, radio equipment however isn't kept local, it could be used across the state so generally you'll see ID's that are completely different rather than in the same space such as the 5261### above. They could be a couple thousand off or even 10k off, atleast last I knew. Seeing the ID's that close is odd for any day-to-day regular full time ops.

I know some TxDOT ops used to be on a local 800MHz trunked system but from what I've heard they went from that to a local 900MHz trunked system, which happens to not be in the database yet.

I'll program my scanner and give it a listen to see if it matches up with the Garland traffic. I wouldn't doubt with the NTIRN expanding they wouldn't want to have some type of communication on there.

riverradio68

Feed Provider
I've been listening to DPS Garland the past few days and now when the dispatcher keys up I hear the trunking talk permit tone in the background, could it be like Mineral Wells where now Garland is testing it for daily usage? The fact the radio ID's are in that exact same chunk of ID space make me think it's some type of coordinated testing. From past expierence DPS vehicles are assigned to a region, so when a Trooper moves from one region to another they take everything but their vehicle, and get one assigned from their new area, radio equipment however isn't kept local, it could be used across the state so generally you'll see ID's that are completely different rather than in the same space such as the 5261### above. They could be a couple thousand off or even 10k off, atleast last I knew. Seeing the ID's that close is odd for any day-to-day regular full time ops.

I know some TxDOT ops used to be on a local 800MHz trunked system but from what I've heard they went from that to a local 900MHz trunked system, which happens to not be in the database yet.

I'll program my scanner and give it a listen to see if it matches up with the Garland traffic. I wouldn't doubt with the NTIRN expanding they wouldn't want to have some type of communication on there.

I thought Dallas Co. TXDOT was VHF DMR, TXEXPRESS was on that 900 system that pulled ties in the Dallas area.

I wonder if the DPS CTT tones is GMRS or maybe Greenville? Someone said DPS Dallas was considering going on NTIRN Dallas, surely that wouldn't include THP I-30, I-20 units?

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
I thought Dallas Co. TXDOT was VHF DMR, TXEXPRESS was on that 900 system that pulled ties in the Dallas area.
You are correct about TXEXPRESS (as well as the NTTA Roadside Assistance), they were on TeamConnect, the DMR Connect Plus system that shut down in Early 2021. The system was owned by Anterix, the company that is now rebanding the 900MHz band so they can have a 3MHz "broadband" channel amongst all the narrowband users (936.5-939.5MHz). Last I heard (would have to search the Texas Forum from back then) I think TXEXPRESS was switching over to PTT over LTE, which is what the companies that bought the customers from Anterix are pushing (and sadly because LTE is 100% encrypted, not monitorable).

The DPS that patrols the NTTA are, as far as I know, still on the NCTCOG system (a bit out of my range in Van Alstyne). If the rumors of that system being shut down once Dallas migrates to NTIRN, I would presume that they would shift over to NTIRN, although the Northern stretches of the DNT might be an issue coverage wise (unless they're planning on linking PAWMCo into NTIRN for certain talkgroups to bridge between the systems).

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
You are correct about TXEXPRESS (as well as the NTTA Roadside Assistance), they were on TeamConnect, the DMR Connect Plus system that shut down in Early 2021. The system was owned by Anterix, the company that is now rebanding the 900MHz band so they can have a 3MHz "broadband" channel amongst all the narrowband users (936.5-939.5MHz). Last I heard (would have to search the Texas Forum from back then) I think TXEXPRESS was switching over to PTT over LTE, which is what the companies that bought the customers from Anterix are pushing (and sadly because LTE is 100% encrypted, not monitorable).

The DPS that patrols the NTTA are, as far as I know, still on the NCTCOG system (a bit out of my range in Van Alstyne). If the rumors of that system being shut down once Dallas migrates to NTIRN, I would presume that they would shift over to NTIRN, although the Northern stretches of the DNT might be an issue coverage wise (unless they're planning on linking PAWMCo into NTIRN for certain talkgroups to bridge between the systems).
I believe I've heard them on Megahertz recently.. That's where they were supposed to have migrated to after TeamConnect shut down a few years ago.

kmartin

Premium Subscriber
Looks like DPD is set up similar to the way Houston PD is ... Dispatch..clear,
Law tac's ENC so when there is a chase or code 3 situation they will switch over to a TAC channel