Dead scanner. Error codes......

Status
Not open for further replies.

helvis

Premium Subscriber
I attempted to install the EZ Scan software from my 668 I just bought. I read the manual but it was lacking detail. The manual simply said to follow the prompts.
I ended up erasing the SD card after clicking the format box > clicking OK.
The first error code was 5-00 on my 668
I check the E: drive disc space ( the scanner and confirmed there was zero data on it).
I went to Whistlers web site > FAQ >
Followed their directions > nothing , no data retrieved.
A new error code appeared : 3-02
Am I doomed? The SD card is empty and didn't get to load the EZ Scan on to my computer ( windows 8.1)
What do I do!

Last edited:

Blackswan73

helvis

Premium Subscriber
I followed you link and a little box asked or a user name and password.

Swipesy

Follow these instructions posted by Rob. Pay attention to user name and password. It is tricky.

I just checked it myself, the link is http://scanner-update.com/pro668/pub...dater_2.02.exe and the username and password are pro668Public ;oeig(@p06

They work just fine if they are entered properly, make sure while copying and pasting you aren't inadvertently adding a space before or after as this does make a difference.

Rob
K2RJJ

helvis

Premium Subscriber
I clicked on the hyperlink no luck 404 error message website not found

SCPD

QRT
That is an SD card error .. your scanner is not bricked. Just try to reformat your card and try again.

helvis

Premium Subscriber
I downloaded the current pro668scanner software. I followed the prompts.
Software/my computer cannot see my SD card via USB cable. I unplug and re-attached several times. I went round and round. I'm still getting the 3–02 error code. I think my SD card is ruined. I have a default error screen it also says "waiting for USB cable" that has a bunch of numbers and decimals. I think I'm totally screwed

helvis

Premium Subscriber
I don't have an external SD card reader but I'll get one tomorrow. I wish everybody would stop yelling at me.

helvis

Premium Subscriber
Dead scanner. Error codes

First off I want to thank everyone for their advice. I followed it and got my scanner back to life. I downloaded the PRO – 668 software. I'm still navigating my way through it and making sense of its interface. Short story: I plugged in San Diego RCS and the scanner lit up like a Christmas tree so all is well. All I need to do is familiarize myself with the workings of the software and master it to efficiently program the Scanner via my laptop.
One significant obstacle still remains .
My scanner is invisible to my computer via the USB cable when I need to do firmware updates. The scanner IS visible when I'm loading talk groups and control channels but for some reason it is not visible for firmware updates.
I followed the software's help section over and over. I followed the steps that required me to turn off the Scanner, to unplug the USB cable, press the menu key reattach USB cable and look for a boot screen. Well the screen powers up and stays lit.
The text on the boot screen states:
uP bootVER: RF 1.1
uP App Ver: RF 2.3
CPU SW Upgrade:
Waiting for USB

I let it sit there for a couple hours and nothing. I went into my computers control panel and tried to locate devices and my computer couldn't find the scanner.
Does anyone have any advice for this obstacle
thank you in advance

helvis

Premium Subscriber
I follww. I went in and did a usb diagnostic in control panel. Control panels says all USB drivers are working properly and I have the most up-to-date drivers. My scanner is listed as a "mass storage device" and it is visible in the control panel. I went ahead to update CPU firmware and the 668 software reports that my scanner is not visible. This little brick is a pain.

garysauctions

Premium Subscriber
I follww. I went in and did a usb diagnostic in control panel. Control panels says all USB drivers are working properly and I have the most up-to-date drivers. My scanner is listed as a "mass storage device" and it is visible in the control panel. I went ahead to update CPU firmware and the 668 software reports that my scanner is not visible. This little brick is a pain.

You are using Windows 8.1 and that is the issue.

You have to setup Win 8.1 to allow the install of UNSIGNED DRIVERS.

They you have to manually search the SD card for the .INF file.

Go into Device Manager and look for the scanner under PORTS and not " drives " ..... from here you need to manually install the UNSIGNED DRIVER from that .inf file.

This is what I did and all issues were resolved.

You can thank MICROSOFT for these problems ....... not Whistler/Radio Shack.

Status
Not open for further replies.