Decoding P25 NAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

caphab1

You may be able to start with DSD+, or Unitrunker.

UT provides most info about a system including band plan, site peers/other sites in the system near the one you are decoding, radio id's from both tx/rx radios and TG info of course.

I dont recall if DSD+ has the capability to decode voice from the data signal for your phase 2 system.

UT: UniTrunker | Windows, Index of /download

DSD: DSD+ Version 1.5 Released - rtl-sdr.com

Of course using both these applications require the use of SDR dongles/usb type devices

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
You may be able to start with DSD+, or Unitrunker.

I dont recall if DSD+ has the capability to decode voice from the data signal for your phase 2 system.

Neither DSDPlus or Unitrunker will decode phase 2 voice. They will decode and display data. For voice, people use op25 OP25

I am not familiar with it tho.

kk6yus

Thank you two for your responses. I travel often so perhaps ill look into Phase 1 systems on my path.

Is there a list of scanners that are compatible with DSD? I have a pro-668.

K3DHJ

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

... What software is needed to display the full metadata from a trunked P25 system signal? ...

The meta data I believe is either entered manually, or you add it via download from this site with a premium subscription. Not so much a DSD+ thing, more a Unitrunker thing, as far as I can tell.

Attachments

• DE trunked system metadata.jpg
    DE trunked system metadata.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,194

K3DHJ

Premium Subscriber
Is there a list of scanners that are compatible with DSD? I have a pro-668.

The way I understand it (and I could be mistaken) Digital audio gets decoded by DSD+, after piped in by Unitrunker. Per Unitrunker website http://www.unitrunker.com/index.html: Voice Following support for:

Icom PCR100/1000/1500/2500
GRECOM PSR310/410/500/600
Radio Shack PRO-106/197
Most Uniden Models
Whistler WS1040/WS1065
WinRadio 1500/1550e
CI/V compatible models

boatbod

OP25 will decode the NAC and a lot of the other metadata if you lock on to the control channel and look at the "Traffic" tab on scope.py

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I wouldn't call that metadata. You are just seeing system details and realtime activity, not talkgroup names etc.(this goes for all decoders like Unitrunker, Pro96COM, OP25 etc). The only thing close to metadata would be the NXDN alias info that DSDPlus will automatically display (as those aliases are actually sent over the air).

kk6yus

Thanks all. I've moved to an area with P25 Phase 1 and Motorola systems that have yet to show up on the RR database. I'll probably get all the programs mentioned and see what I can discover.

Status
Not open for further replies.