Delaware County Pa New System

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner, RRDB & Google-fu ninja 4 hire
Premium Subscriber
Ambitious timeline.
Long overdue. The legacy T-band conventionals have long been plagued with various outages, intermod from UHF TV stations from other states or the occasional hijacker with a Baofeng. More on that here. Wouldn't surprise me if LE (or worse, Fire/EMS as well) chose to fully encrypt...

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Long overdue. The legacy T-band conventionals have long been plagued with various outages, intermod from UHF TV stations from other states or the occasional hijacker with a Baofeng. More on that here. Wouldn't surprise me if LE (or worse, Fire/EMS as well) chose to fully encrypt...
No doubt it is overdue, but still is a tight construction schedule.

captaincab

monitoring delco pa with gre psr300 pro2053 and b
If anything goes encrypted I would venture some Pd channels like the secondary M channels like M 1 M2 etc I don’t think the primary sector channels will. Also the Ems Channels used for hospital reports the new system is supposed to have will be most likely encrypted same as Philly and Montgomery County does.

kgw567

What was the signifigance of the radios they just bought if they plan on going to a new system. They still seem from time to time have trouble with this DUCTING problem. I was going to invest into a new radio, does anyone have any suggestions?

saber2k5

The temporary work around was to acquire several conventtional DMR channels in the 450, 460 Mhz range. These frequencies are immune from DTV ducting. The new Kenwood radios have a one touch button that accesses the assigned DMR channel. There are separate frequencies, one for police and one for fire. In addition, there is an admin and an MCI EMS frequency.

These portables are dual mode, analog and DMR, so they are usable under normal and ducting conditions. Since it will take several years to build out the TRS, this provides an immediate (although not ideal) solution. The coverage seems to be very good.

captaincab

monitoring delco pa with gre psr300 pro2053 and b
Are those channels listed anyplace and what would be a good radio. Thanks Ken
Well I believe the Kenwood they are using is the Nx series as those as analog/dmr compatible they are expensive radios though. I know hyteria and tyt and anytone make analog/dmr radios not sure if they would work though. Or you can buy a dmr capable scanner which might make more sense once the trunking system does finally come.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
The new system will require a P25 capable radio when it goes in service.

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
From the June 15, 2022 County Council meeting...

Attachments

• County_Radio_system_prosssal_acceptance_non-binding 20220609.pdf
    813.5 KB · Views: 41

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Seems like a particularly complex system for this vendor. I hope they have the relevant experience.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm looking at Kenwood website...unclear what radio models they're going to use. Kenwood advertises multimode digital as an option in the 5100/5200/5300 series radios (FM/DMR/NXDN, FM/NXDN/P25, and FM/DMR/P25). However, the radios are only listed as single band radios - NX-5100 (VHF), NX-5200 (UHF), and NX-5300 (7/800).

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm looking at Kenwood website...unclear what radio models they're going to use. Kenwood advertises multimode digital as an option in the 5100/5200/5300 series radios (FM/DMR/NXDN, FM/NXDN/P25, and FM/DMR/P25). However, the radios are only listed as single band radios - NX-5100 (VHF), NX-5200 (UHF), and NX-5300 (7/800).

To take advantage of the existing DMR, they'd need dualband UHF/7-800 radios. The letter posted above references dual band radios for PD and continued use of DMR along with the 7/800 P25.

philacop

Premium Subscriber
Who is going to be the vendor for the actual P25 700 MHz trunked system itself ??
I never heard of a Kenwood P25 infrastructure trunked system itself ??
I heard of kenwood radios piggybacking on Motorola Trunked systems but that’s it !
I never heard of a county or city with a kenwood 700 MHz built P25 infrastructure ..
Only Motorola or Harris

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Who is going to be the vendor for the actual P25 700 MHz trunked system itself ??
I never heard of a Kenwood P25 infrastructure trunked system itself ??
I heard of kenwood radios piggybacking on Motorola Trunked systems but that’s it !
I never heard of a county or city with a kenwood 700 MHz built P25 infrastructure ..
Only Motorola or Harris

Perhaps this? EFJ is now a JVCKenwood subsidiary. ATLAS P25 Public Safety Systems | JVCKENWOOD