Do I need the BCD436XT ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suriname

I'm ready to get one of these, however how can I know what type of P25 is in use and if it's encrypted ?
I know it is P25, just not sure if it's Phase I or II. Or encrypted... (or TDMA ?)

Currently I have BC346XT only... so I want to know if I need the BCD436XT or if the BCD396XT will suffice...

Thanks in advance guys...!

ps249

Your already on the RR site- check out your locale in the database and see why system your hometown is using.

suriname

many here just assume that you are in the USA.
we are kind of set in our ways.
someone might come along with the answer.
i would hate to have you waste money on a big machine but, it is only a waste if it is not used.
Suriname Police Force Trunking System, Varies, Countrywide - Scanner Frequencies
ok try this link

I had submitted those frequencies back in 2012 when I found those. They still work, but it's being phased out. 80% is already on a new P25 system, so that's what I'm up against now,

Let me rephrase my question further:
I can scan all frequencies my current scanner can receive, is there a particular control-channel sound I can identify these different P25 systems by ? (Phase I / Phase II / TDMA / Encrypted)

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I was gonna say if he buys it and doesn't need it I could use it. lol A guy never has enough scanners.

Wonder where Paramaribo, Suriname is?

Nevermind I Googled it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.