DSDPlus DSD+ Fast Lane. Display Color Code in Event Log?

SteveRob

Hi
I don't know if I'm missing something in the options, but is it possible to have the color code displayed in the event log along with the TG, RID etc, or the Current/Seen logs? Sometimes I have multiple users on one frequency and it would be handy to see who was who in the event log.
Thank you for any info.
Steve

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Hi
I don't know if I'm missing something in the options, but is it possible to have the color code displayed in the event log along with the TG, RID etc, or the Current/Seen logs? Sometimes I have multiple users on one frequency and it would be handy to see who was who in the event log.
Thank you for any info.
Steve
I believe if you set you logging verbosity to the highest setting it will display the color code

Making the change (as @dave3825 sai) to max Console Log Verbosity Level logging displays the following in the event log;

2023/12/05 17:58:44 Freq=452.250000 DCC=1 Group call; TG=1 RID=1 Slot=1 9s
2023/12/05 17:58:57 Freq=452.250000 DCC=1 Group call; TG=1 RID=1 Slot=1 1s

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG Last entry, then change to four

SteveRob

Thank you for all your replies. I have tried altering Console Verbosity as suggested, but this appears to change the amount of information displayed in the terminal window (the one that scrolls fast), and makes no difference to the Event Log.
Now knowing that adding the CC is possible, I started looking at the parameters in the Configure DSD in SDR#, and found there is a tick box on the Additional Options tab that says "Add Frequency/NAC/DCC/RAC data to event log file entries."
This does add the CC to the "DSDPlus.event" file log, but not to the Event Log on screen. This is still very useful, but not as handy as having it on the screen Event Log. I can't see any options in the DSDplus program to change this, but it's no problem adding it to the command line to turn it on.
SDR# adds a -E to the command line when it starts DSDPlus.
I notice it does list this in DSDplus -h.

Thanks again for replying. Steve.

DaveNF2G

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for all your replies. I have tried altering Console Verbosity as suggested, but this appears to change the amount of information displayed in the terminal window (the one that scrolls fast), and makes no difference to the Event Log.
Now knowing that adding the CC is possible, I started looking at the parameters in the Configure DSD in SDR#, and found there is a tick box on the Additional Options tab that says "Add Frequency/NAC/DCC/RAC data to event log file entries."
This does add the CC to the "DSDPlus.event" file log, but not to the Event Log on screen. This is still very useful, but not as handy as having it on the screen Event Log. I can't see any options in the DSDplus program to change this, but it's no problem adding it to the command line to turn it on.
SDR# adds a -E to the command line when it starts DSDPlus.
I notice it does list this in DSDplus -h.

Thanks again for replying. Steve.
The plugin allows you to start DSDPlus with your own command line arguments. The Load dialog box has an open space on the lower right for this.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Hi
Thank you for any info.
Steve

Steve, setting the verbosity to the highest level will populate the event log with the most data available. Good for going back and reviewing at a later time. I have not seen it ever put the entries in the event window but it does display the color code/ran and or nac in the event window, bottom strip.
1701995331852.png

So when you have multiple users on the same freq, if they are using different color codes/nac/ran, you should see that change.

Just curious, why are you using SDR# instead of the FPMx tuner.

The plugin allows you to start DSDPlus with your own command line arguments.
The batch file that starts DSDPlus lets you accomplish the same.

The Load dialog box has an open space on the lower right for this.
Any of this can be inserted into the DSDPlus batch file as well.

Logging options:
>file Create log file
>>file Append to log file
-t Time stamp console log file entries
-T Time stamp console log file entries and console screen data
-E Add frequency/NAC/RAN/DCC/RAS data to event log file entries
-F<num> Filename modifier; use to avoid filename collisions [F0]

Input/Output options:
-i<spec> Input audio device (1-255) and channel (M/L/R)
-i<linkID> FMPA/FMPP/FMP24 direct link ID (256-65535) [20001]
-iT<[addr:]port> FMPA/FMPP/FMP24 TCP link IPv4 address and port number (256-65535)

-o<spec> Output audio device (1-255; 0=none) and channel (M/L/R) [-o1]
in/out channels are optional; default=in:mono, out:mode based

-Och <file> Output audio file channel count and name/type [-O DSDPlus.wav]
ch: M=mono,S=stereo,blank=auto; file: .wav or .mp3 (NUL=none)

-I<num> Create new wav/mp3 file every <num> minutes (1440=daily) [-I0]

Decoder options:
-r1 role is single-receiver control/rest/traffic channel decoder [-r1]
-rc role is dedicated control/rest channel decoder
-rv role is dedicated voice channel decoder
-rp role is passive digital decoder

-fa Auto-detect all protocols / frame types except dPMR [-fa]
-fd Decode D-STAR
-ff Decode Fusion
-fn Decode NXDN4800 (Kenwood NEXEDGE and Icom IDAS)
-fN Decode NXDN9600 (Kenwood NEXEDGE)
-fr Decode DMR/MotoTRBO (TDMA inputs + both output slots)
-f1 Decode P25 Phase 1 and Phase 2
-fx Decode X2-TDMA
-fp Decode ProVoice
-fm Enable dPMR

Advanced decoder options:
-ds<num> Scaling factor (55-75; not used with D-Star or ProVoice) [-ds64]
-dd<num> Damping level (1-100; not used with D-Star or ProVoice) [-dd10]
-dv<num> Viewport size (1-30; not used with D-Star or ProVoice) [-dv20]

SteveRob

Hi Dave
Steve, setting the verbosity to the highest level will populate the event log with the most data available. Good for going back and reviewing at a later time. I have not seen it ever put the entries in the event window but it does display the color code/ran and or nac in the event window, bottom strip.
View attachment 152625
I'm now using the DSDPlus.event file for reference, which is helpful. I cannot see any difference to this log, or the Event Log window by changing the Console Log Verbosity Level though. Whether set at zero or four, it doesn't appear to make any difference to the event log. It just alters the amount of data shown in the console window (the fast scrolling window)
So when you have multiple users on the same freq, if they are using different color codes/nac/ran, you should see that change.

Just curious, why are you using SDR# instead of the FPMx tuner.
I mainly use a feed from a scanner, but sometimes use SDR# for finding new stuff. I do use FPMx tuner as well.
The batch file that starts DSDPlus lets you accomplish the same.

Any of this can be inserted into the DSDPlus batch file as well.
I've added the -E option to add the info to the event log. It's just a shame the data doesn't appear on the Event window as well.
I live in a City, and get a lot of DMR traffic. Often there are multiple users on one frequency and it's nice to see the color code to tell which is which.

Last edited: