DSD FME

blacks1

I use DSD-FME on raspberry, everything works perfectly on DMR and I thank the author.
I would like to ask how to track online LRRP positions on raspberry. On WINE lrrp.exe failed
Thank you.

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
I would like to ask how to track online LRRP positions on raspberry.
You can use QGIS, assuming its available on raspberry pi in the repo. Its been a while since I've messed with mapping the stuff out, but the general idea is that you have dsd-fme dump the lrrp data as ~/lrrp.txt (which can be selected in the ncurses menu) then you can open up the Qgis map file included on github and it should find the lrrp.txt file in the home directory and plot any points on the map. I seem to recall having to drag the map to your vicinity (or the vicinity of the data points) and double clicking on lrrp layer, going to settings (wrench and gear) telling it up create or update the spatial index if points don't plot when zoomed in closer. You may have to manually point it to the lrrp.txt file as well if it doesn't find it, which it may not if it doesn't exist yet. It is only written to after being activated in the menu or the CLI, and having valid data to write to it.

Screenshot from 2023-03-19 12-17-50.png

Screenshot from 2023-03-19 12-17-12.png

Alternatively, you CAN use LRRP.exe as well, but what me and my testers figured out is that you have to copy and paste lrrp.exe and its config file to the same directory that dsd-fme writes its version of the DSDPlus.lrrp to (whatever directory your terminal is currently in) and it will run just fine, even in Wine. Just not entirely sure if Wine for aarch64 or armhf or not, never tried it before.

G8OEO

I use DSD-FME on raspberry, everything works perfectly on DMR and I thank the author.
I would like to ask how to track online LRRP positions on raspberry. On WINE lrrp.exe failed
Thank you.
Hi I’ve just been playing with DSD-FME this afternoon for the first time on an old raspberry 2b using a discriminator tap input.

It does work but with loads of audio dropouts and the scrolling display ends up lagging a few seconds behind the audio stream as it switches on and off.

I wonder if a 3b will comfortably handle DMR decoding or is it safer to go with the pi 4.

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
Hi I’ve just been playing with DSD-FME this afternoon for the first time on an old raspberry 2b using a discriminator tap input.

It does work but with loads of audio dropouts and the scrolling display ends up lagging a few seconds behind the audio stream as it switches on and off.

I wonder if a 3b will comfortably handle DMR decoding or is it safer to go with the pi 4.

I can't honestly say I'm sure how well it will run on a 2b, but something we can look at before deciding its the 2b and not something else is to see how you are running DSD-FME currently.

How are you feeding the disc tap input (virtually with software like GQRX, rtl_fm, or other, or using a scanner into the mic in jack?) Another thing I've noticed is that you can actually lower your CPU requirement a bit IF you run with the ncurses terminal but completely disable any scrolling console output. I've found that on low power devices, the scrolling output actually causes more CPU usage than running with the ncurses terminal display and discarding stderr to 2> /dev/null

Anyways, what command are you using to start up with?

G8OEO

Hi @lwvmobile . Thanks for all the hard work and for replying.
I have a scanner connected to the mic input on a usb sound fob. After making sure the correct input was selected and audio level was ok I started decoding with a very bare dsd-fme -fs
If I can easily reduce the graphics load on the cpu I’ll certainly give that a try tomorrow along with anything else you might suggest.

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
If I can easily reduce the graphics load on the cpu I’ll certainly give that a try tomorrow along with anything else you might suggest.

Well, sounds like you already have everything set up just fine, so you might just try and see if this frees up just enough CPU to make it a bit smoother. Also, I assume your scanner does have an actual discriminator tap, and isn't just the headphone output you are piping in?

Code:
dsd-fme -fs -N 2> /dev/null

I can't speak directly for a 2b, but I seem to recall running an instance of dsd with an rtl dongle brought my Pi Zero W to its knees pretty easily. I can't remember, but I may have been running that one without the desktop interface, and just running it 'headless' as it were, and remoting in with SSH. Are you running headless, or running with a desktop remote like the VNC or Remote Desktop Protocol. Seems like those may also eat away at available CPU as well, even more so on SBC devices where resources are limited. 3b+/4 would certainly be more beneficial and run quite well by comparison, but that's IF you can find one. Seems like its honestly a lot easier to find a used computer for the same price and more power than one of those SBC boards, just depends on if the size/power tradeoff is worth more than the horsepower tradeoff.

G8OEO

Thanks again. Yes it’s a genuine discriminator tap on an AOR 3000A which I’ve been using with dsd plus for many years.

The pi was set up with the bullseye full GUI desktop package but I’ve changed it so it just boots into the console now.

I’ll try it with the suggested switches and report back. I also want to get it going headless eventually.

G8OEO

Tried
dsd-fme -fs -N 2> /dev/null

and the raspberry pi 2b still isn't happy.

It just about copes with single channel (slot2) amateur decoding on a hotspot, but when receiving a commercial base repeater the audio dropouts are still pretty bad.

I'm off to press an old Asus laptop into service until I can try out a pi 3b.

Last edited:

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
I think it's one of stanags
Not sure if you are the same person who brought this issue up on Github a while back or not, but I mentioned there that with no real information to go on other than a few samples and no published material on the standard, I can't really do much.

Well, with no confirmation, and no real information to go on for that standard, I won't be able to do much with it. Considering that its USDoD level stuff, its probably best to leave it alone.

Maybe others here can shed a little bit more information on Stanag, but I can't really see that it'll be something that's added to DSD-FME.

Marawan

Not sure if you are the same person who brought this issue up on Github a while back or not, but I mentioned there that with no real information to go on other than a few samples and no published material on the standard, I can't really do much.

Maybe others here can shed a little bit more information on Stanag, but I can't really see that it'll be something that's added to DSD-FME.
Nope it's not USDoD
I have some information about it including the digital modulation and baud rate

didier02

hello here I am under Win and I would like to know if someone managed to change the color of the scramble when you put a valid key thank you

didier02

hello thank you for your interest in my question it is possible it would be nice if the scramble turns green when the key is loaded and valid thank you

Attachments

• scrambeler.jpg
    scrambeler.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 29

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
Just a small update to both what I'm currently working on, and samples to add to my wishlist, if anybody can provide any samples of NXDN Type-D / "IDAS" voice traffic in both inbound and outbound directions (simplex and repeater) that would be great. Would like to make sure I'm getting good SCCH message reads and assigning SRC/TGT values correctly, especially on busier systems where they may be multiple channel updates going on.

Even better, if anybody can create or provide samples of Scrambler enabled Type-D/IDAS voice traffic (with a known key) in the inbound and outbound direction, that would be swell. Need samples for verification, make sure its going to work properly and so on.

Keep in mind, Type-D/IDAS, not standard NXDN48 or Type-C, which I've already got handled.

Code:
16:13:48 Sync: IDAS D  RTCH2  Voice  SCCH
 Busy Repeater Message - Area: 0; Go to Repeater: 2; Home Repeater: 10;
 Channel Update - CH: 2 - TGT: 70 Group Call
 Call Option - Area: 0; Free Repeater 1: 10; Free Repeater 2: 0;
 Half Duplex 4800bps/EHR
 Target Message - Area: 0; Go to Repeater: 2;
 Target Update - Prefix CH: 10 SRC: 70 - (10-70)
 Source Message - Area: 0; Free Repeater 1: 10;
 Source Update - Prefix CH: 10 SRC: 75 - (10-75)
 Busy Repeater Message - Area: 0; Go to Repeater: 2; Home Repeater: 10;
 Channel Update - CH: 2 - TGT: 70 Group Call
16:13:48 Sync: IDAS D  RTCH2  Data   SCCH
 Busy Repeater Message - Area: 0; Go to Repeater: 31; Home Repeater: 10;
 Channel Update - CH: 31 - TGT: 70 Group Call Termination
 Group Call -   Transmission Release  - Src=75 - Dst/TG=70 - Ch: 10  TX_REL
 Group Call -   Transmission Release  - Src=75 - Dst/TG=70 - Ch: 10  TX_REL
16:13:48 Sync: IDAS D  RTCH2  Data   SCCH
 Free Repeater Message - Area: 0; Free Repeater 1: 10; Free Repeater 2: 0;
 Group Call -        Disconnect       - Src=75 - Dst/TG=70 - Ch: 10  DISC
 Group Call -        Disconnect       - Src=75 - Dst/TG=70 - Ch: 10  DISC

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
moi je n'ai pas sa sinon ça serait avec plaisir

Okay, It'll do the thing you want it to do now. Latest precompiled release.

didier02

bonjour merci bien déjà pour votre réactivité a répondu je pense qu'on s'est pas bien compris je voulais qui passe en vert que quand la clé et valide si c'est possible évidemment
faite comme vous pouvez je ne veux pas vous embêter et encore bravo

LimaZulu

Hi there :) For a long time I was away from SDR stuff but I hope not anymore :) Great to see theproject is still alive and going strong!
Just downloaded latest version and saw that there is a feature for import scrambler keys from csv file where csv format is KeyID,Key. Was just wondering (based on a real case), what about different frequencies using same KeyID, but different codes? I just tested it by entering different keys with KeyID 0, and seems that it picks up the last one. If that's the correct one you are lucky, if not - you are out of luck :)
maybe a simple check could resolve that. Something like that:

bool isDecoded = false;
if(!isDecoded)
try next code with same KeyID;