DSD FME

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
Can I get DSD-FME to give me regular audio output if it's not decoded (specifically looking to pickup analog) on Windows 11?

Try the -8 option, see if that works for you. Keep in mind, you'll want to use one of the newer AW patched files, and not the 2.1b version. Also, I can't remember if I had that working properly in Windows or not. If you are going to monitor the raw audio (when no signal sync) with DSD-FME, you'll want to make sure to use squelch inside of SDR++, or else you'll hear a bunch of static as well.

TeddJohnson

Premium Subscriber
Try the -8 option, see if that works for you. Keep in mind, you'll want to use one of the newer AW patched files, and not the 2.1b version. Also, I can't remember if I had that working properly in Windows or not. If you are going to monitor the raw audio (when no signal sync) with DSD-FME, you'll want to make sure to use squelch inside of SDR++, or else you'll hear a bunch of static as well.

This worked, thank you!

winston_S

Hi everbody, I do not want to start new topic with my (probabely basic) question. Can you help me with the problem how to detect the type of encryption in DMR system using FME? Ordinary DSD provide some info like "BP" or "EP" marker in decoded (not decrypted, of course) frames. Can I learn on the type of encryption from FME log files as well?

Louie7

For a vast majority of cases, this is literally the only information you will need, unless you are a wizard, a particular wizard who is on a whole other level than the rest of us on this sort of thing.

A slicerwizard for example ?;)

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
Can I learn on the type of encryption from FME log files as well?

Look at the ALG ID present in the PI Header (first octet).

0x01 or 0x21 - RC4/ARC4/"EP"
0x22 - DES-OFB Single Key (TAIT)
0x04 or 0x23 - Presumed Unused (shares same opcode as TXI)
0x04 or 0x24 - AES 128
0x05 or 0x25 - AES 256

Also, regarding 0x01 vs 0x21, etc, I think (gauging by the Moto patent, at least) that only 3 bits are used to signal Encryption Alg ID, but its been observed that on DMRA compatible encryption, 0x21, and 0x25 are observed, and if not directly DMRA, its just 0x01, or 0x05 in the ALG ID field (first octet of the PI header).

ki4hyf

Premium Subscriber
Hi everbody, I do not want to start new topic with my (probabely basic) question. Can you help me with the problem how to detect the type of encryption in DMR system using FME? Ordinary DSD provide some info like "BP" or "EP" marker in decoded (not decrypted, of course) frames. Can I learn on the type of encryption from FME log files as well?
To add to an already excellent answer, it is easy to tell whether it is DMR BP or EP (RC4), especially in the NCurses window. However, my version has BP spelled out, instead of **Pr**. DMR EP shows the MI and AlgID of 0x21. The logs are not difficult to figure out, either.

Attachments

• dmr_bp_ncurses-1.jpg
    dmr_bp_ncurses-1.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 109
  • dmr_ep-1.jpg
    dmr_ep-1.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 98
  • dmr_ep-2.jpg
    dmr_ep-2.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 94
  • dmr_bp-2.jpg
    dmr_bp-2.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 101

winston_S

To add to an already excellent answer, it is easy to tell whether it is DMR BP or EP (RC4), especially in the NCurses window. However, my version has BP spelled out, instead of **Pr**. DMR EP shows the MI and AlgID of 0x21. The logs are not difficult to figure out, either.
Thank you lwvmobile and ki4hyf for your time and help. All clear now.

Cretu

Hi. Perhaps I'm gonna ask for something stupid but... would it be viable to add an -option parameter to prevent showing in the logs the IDLE bursts? If one is monitoring some system with low activity, in the end, logs files are almost 99% full of IDLE useless stuff.

ki4hyf

Premium Subscriber
Hi. Perhaps I'm gonna ask for something stupid but... would it be viable to add an -option parameter to prevent showing in the logs the IDLE bursts? If one is monitoring some system with low activity, in the end, logs files are almost 99% full of IDLE useless stuff.
Not a stupid question at all. Quite understandable as a personal preference. I believe @lwvmobile is taking a well-deserved hiatus from new feature requests. However, what you want may be easily accomplished by a little "grep-foo". It's not too difficult to either log exactly what you want or block exactly what you don't want to see. If you are using the windows version, I don't have any experience in that area. Is there anything besides idle bursts that you don't want to see, or is there anything that you want to see specifically?

I'm having trouble setting up NXDN decoding although P25 is running smoothly. My command line is dsd-fme -fi -i rtl:0:155.5275M:49:-2:12 -T nxdnmap.csv -G polk.csv -N 2> log.ans and the screenshot of it detecting a call and my channel file is attached below. It detects calls, but it does not follow and pick up voice. A few of the calls are encrypted, but I'd still expect it to log the call, show the encryption algorithm, and apply the talk group name. Is the channel file supposed to have the channel id for each frequency or something else? Thank you for any help you can offer I'm kind of scratching my head at this point although it is probably something simple.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-25 at 4.18.52 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-25 at 4.18.52 PM.png
    248.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot 2024-05-25 at 4.20.29 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-25 at 4.20.29 PM.png
    288.7 KB · Views: 18

ki4hyf

Premium Subscriber
dsd-fme -fi -i rtl:0:155.5275M:49:-2:12 -T nxdnmap.csv -G polk.csv -N 2> log.ans
Also, if it were me, I'd experiment with a gain setting of 0 for automatic. I've had very good results with automatic gain. Another thing is the bandwidth setting. On NXDN, I like to use between 4 and 8. 12 never worked well for me. Just a thought.

TheButcher

Greetings.

Hey, is there a way of downloading the source code for version '20240315' ?

Cheers.

ki4hyf

Premium Subscriber

TheButcher

Thanks, but as stated twice now, I require the source code for version '20240315', NOT the latest version. I wish to apply a patch and compile under Ubuntu.

However, I wasn't aware of version "20240601" for Windowz !

Cheers guys...

ki4hyf

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, but as stated twice now, I require the source code for version '20240315',
Ok, now I'm stating for the second time, if it's not listed on GitHub, it's probably not available. Just out of curiosity, where did you come up with "version '20240315'"? I must've missed that one.