DSD FME

Muxlow

Super Secret
How are you windows users getting FME to work? I for the life of me have had 0 luck. DSD+ since day 1 no issues. unitrunker since its original release no issues, Trunk88, SDR trunk all can get working but the DSD FME does not want to work for me

Downloaded the latest windows version. Extract from the zip file to the desktop. Have my NESDR SMART dongle in (confirmed working with DSD+ and closed DSD) double click on the 1aa - start-dsd-fme.bat and the window opens and closes right away

Am i missing some files or something els here? Its rather annoying haha
Windows 11 is what im rocking

EI9BAB

How are you windows users getting FME to work? I for the life of me have had 0 luck. DSD+ since day 1 no issues. unitrunker since its original release no issues, Trunk88, SDR trunk all can get working but the DSD FME does not want to work for me

Downloaded the latest windows version. Extract from the zip file to the desktop. Have my NESDR SMART dongle in (confirmed working with DSD+ and closed DSD) double click on the 1aa - start-dsd-fme.bat and the window opens and closes right away

Am i missing some files or something els here? Its rather annoying haha
Windows 11 is what im rocking
Is there a log file? Can you redirect your output to a text file and post the contents here? It could be an issue with your CYGWIN install.

Try opening a CMD window and changing directory to the directory where you are running that batch file from. There is then a sub-directory under that which is also called dsd-fme.
So
cd dsd-fme
and you should be in something like "C:/DSD-FME/dsd-fme/"
Do a DIR there to confirrm that dsd-fme.exe exists in that directory.
DIR dsd-fme.exe
You can manually update your path to include CYGWIN binaries as follows:
set PATH=%PATH%;C:\cygwin64\bin
(depending on where it is located)
then try typing the dsd-fme command to see if the .exe works...
dsd-fme
You can create a batch file to do all that for you fairly easily if that works for and add on various parameters as you need...

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like you may need to change the bat file for your needs (aka change the -i parameter and -o parameters, and other ones that are in there). I've noticed that if it doesn't like a setting (like a wrong port or IP address) it will just shut down, unless of course you put a pause at the end of the bat file, and even then there's no real direction on what the error was.

So, if you just ran the bat file without changing anything, it will more than likely do exactly as you describe.

Fredo68

I get the same result of the program closing immediately if I forget to start the pulse audio server. I am outputting via pulse, you might not be

Muxlow

Super Secret
This is what i get when i run 1zz - tail-the-console-log

Build Version: AW (20240601)
MBElib Version: 1.3.4
CODEC2 Support Enabled
Enabling NCurses Terminal.
OSS Input /dev/dsp.
Error, couldn't open /dev/dsp
ioctl reset error
ioctl speed error
ioctl stereo error
ioctl setfmt error
OSS Output /dev/dsp.
Error, couldn't open #1 /dev/dsp

Running 0pa - start-pulse-audio-server i get this

CODEC2 Support Enabled

=======[ Output Device #1 ]=======
Description: WaveOut on Microsoft Sound Mapper
Name: output
Index: 0

=======[ Input Device #1 ]=======
Description: Monitor of WaveOut on Microsoft Sound Mapper
Name: output.monitor

C:\Users\Muxlo\Desktop\dsd-fme-20240601-win32\dsd-fme>PAUSE
Press any key to continue . . .

Mudary

I don't see any mention on FMP24.exe or FMP24.bat, that would be your radio, DSDPlus.exe is only the decoder/encoder.

ki4hyf

Premium Subscriber
I don't do windows, but that definitely looks wrong. I don't think that your input should be the monitor of your output.

Muxlow

Super Secret
I don't see any mention on FMP24.exe or FMP24.bat, that would be your radio, DSDPlus.exe is only the decoder/encoder.
Im not running DSD+ thats why your not seeing any mention of that

All iv done so far was download the latest version of DSD FME and extracted it to the desktop. Opened it up and double clicked on 1aa - start-dsd-fme and that window opens and shuts right away.
Is there a log file? Can you redirect your output to a text file and post the contents here? It could be an issue with your CYGWIN install.

Try opening a CMD window and changing directory to the directory where you are running that batch file from. There is then a sub-directory under that which is also called dsd-fme.
So
cd dsd-fme
and you should be in something like "C:/DSD-FME/dsd-fme/"
Do a DIR there to confirrm that dsd-fme.exe exists in that directory.
DIR dsd-fme.exe
You can manually update your path to include CYGWIN binaries as follows:
set PATH=%PATH%;C:\cygwin64\bin
(depending on where it is located)
then try typing the dsd-fme command to see if the .exe works...
dsd-fme
You can create a batch file to do all that for you fairly easily if that works for and add on various parameters as you need...

I do see the dsd-fme.exe in the dsd fme folder yes

Did the set PATH=%PATH%;C:\cygwin64\bin
hit enter then dsd-fme.exe and got this

CODEC2 Support Enabled
OSS Input /dev/dsp.
ioctl reset error
ioctl speed error
ioctl stereo error
ioctl setfmt error
OSS Output /dev/dsp.

Mudary

How are you tuning your radio frequency that you want to receive? SDR++, SDRSharp, SDR radio to mention a few. windows or linux?

Fredo68

CODEC2 Support Enabled
OSS Input /dev/dsp.
ioctl reset error
ioctl speed error
ioctl stereo error
ioctl setfmt error
OSS Output /dev/dsp.

CODEC2 Support Enabled

You are starting pulse audio before running the dsdfme batch? Try not using the same audio source for input and output

CODEC2 Support Enabled
OSS Input /dev/dsp.
ioctl reset error
ioctl speed error
ioctl stereo error
ioctl setfmt error
OSS Output /dev/dsp.

CODEC2 Support Enabled

Tell me you're not starting pulse audio after trying the run the batch file! You also can clearly see you are endeavouring to use the same audio source for input and output.

cd dsd-fme

dsd-fme.exe -i tcp:127.0.0.1:20022 -o pulse -N 2> log.ans

is the simplest bat I use. I'm taking a TCP input on port 20022 (using SDR# 'TCP audio' plugin or SDR++ Network sink) and outputting via pulse audio which I start before running dsdfme.

The only way I got dsdfme running was a lot of trial and error using the extensive examples provided. You might want to dig deeper into those.

Muxlow

Super Secret
You are starting pulse audio before running the dsdfme batch? Try not using the same audio source for input and output

Tell me you're not starting pulse audio after trying the run the batch file! You also can clearly see you are endeavouring to use the same audio source for input and output.

cd dsd-fme

dsd-fme.exe -i tcp:127.0.0.1:20022 -o pulse -N 2> log.ans

is the simplest bat I use. I'm taking a TCP input on port 20022 (using SDR# 'TCP audio' plugin or SDR++ Network sink) and outputting via pulse audio which I start before running dsdfme.

The only way I got dsdfme running was a lot of trial and error using the extensive examples provided. You might want to dig deeper into those.

Literately all iv done was download, extract and double clicked on the start pulse audio and then the 1aa - start-dsd-fme
Do i need to have dsd fmp24 running already or sdr sharp running already?

I dont get how i can run DSD+, unitrunker, sdrtrunk, trunk88 and all them with ease but this FME is driving me bonkers haha.

Perhaps oneday someone will make a nice install/setup/configure and how to runt he program video for windows.

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
Literately all iv done was download, extract and double clicked on the start pulse audio and then the 1aa - start-dsd-fme
Do i need to have dsd fmp24 running already or sdr sharp running already?

I dont get how i can run DSD+, unitrunker, sdrtrunk, trunk88 and all them with ease but this FME is driving me bonkers haha.

Perhaps oneday someone will make a nice install/setup/configure and how to runt he program video for windows.

You need to edit the bat file for your needs. Either A: you need to make DSD-fme input straight from the Dongle with i rtl:x:x:x:x or B: you need to open SDR++ and tune to the dongle from there. Then you need to open cmd and type in ipconfig and see what the ip address is for the lan adapter. You will then have to edit the bat file to match the IP addresses for the input and output (port numbers have to match between SDR++ and DSD-fme bat file but don't matter as long as they match). So the bat file would look something like this: dsd-fme-aw-lz.exe -fi -i tcp:xxx.xx.xxx.x:7355 -U 4532 -T -N 2> nxdn.ans, the tcp address HAS to match the address in the ipconfig window and the SDR++ modules for rigcontrol and network output otherwise FME will do just as you describe.

I know nothing about pulse audio and don't use it, so i don't know how to set that up.

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
Also use start-dsd-fme-no-pulse first, but you have to edit it to meet your needs first. Either way on my version, I don't see a 1aa-start-dsd-fme bat file.