DSD FME

aromka1

Thought I'd just take a moment to share a project I've begun working on lately. If anybody wanted to give it a try out and see how it works, I'd love to hear any feedback, critique, constructive criticism, ideas, etc.

View attachment 116276

This version of DSD is a flavor blend of szechyjs RTL branch and some of my own additions, along with a few tweaks from the LouisErigHerve branch as well. NXDN voice decoding is currently working a lot better, thanks to the latter, although I have yet to explore the expanded NXDN or DMR decoding he has laid out. That is a goal. I have also implemented a few more RTL options, including rtl device gain, PPM error, device index selection, squelch, VFO bandwidth, and a UDP remote that works like the old rtl_udp fork, although its currently limited to changing frequency and squelch. The goal is to integrate this project into EDACS-FM but I also want it to be its own standalone project.

Code:
padsp -m dsdfme -- ./dsd -fi -i rtl -o /dev/dsp -c 154.9875M -P -2 -D 1 -G 36 -L 25 -V 2 -U 6020 -Y 8

-i rtl to use rtl_fm

-c Set frequency

-P set PPM error

-D set device index number

-G set device gain (0-49) (default = 0 Auto Gain)

-L set rtl squelch to 25

-V set RTL sample 'volume' multiplier

-U set UDP port for rtl_fm remote control

-Y 8 set rtl VFO bandwidth in kHz, (default = 48)(6, 8, 12, 16, 24, 48)

-W Monitor Source Audio (WIP!) (may or may not decode audio if this is on, depending on selected decode type and luck)
(Also, should be noted that depending on modulation, may sound extremely terrible)

The github with more info and a bit of a project road map can be found at:

Build instructions is the same as the others, but I wouldn't recommend doing the 'make install' portion, and just run it from the build folder, especially if you already have a main version installed as well.
Hello;
Maybe it has been written, however I didn´t see it. I think that is not necesary create a new post for that trivial ask, so I ask by here.

I would like to install DSD-FME on my windows computer, so I dont know how to pass the signal to this programme. I have the SDRSHARP and RTLSDR.

Inside of SDRSHARP I have changed sdsplus to sds-fme but doesn´t load,

I think that I am doing something wrong. Is there any video for windows step by step, or is there any easy manual? thanks

doriboni

I found a bug in DSD-FME with the option : dsd-fme -Z

The last bit (49th bit) is false. It is sometimes at 80, sometimes at 00, but it is not the real bit. when in a 49th bit frame is set to 1, it is sometimes set to 1, sometimes to 0 on DSD-FME when it should always be set to 1.

I don't know if it's only the display that is wrong or if the bit decoding is wrong as well. I think it's an old bug, maybe present since the beginning of DSD-FME.

aromka1

Hello I am looking for a Compiled version of DSD-FME for windows

I would like it to easily run because. I dont know if it could be possible.

thanks.

ki4hyf

Premium Subscriber
I found a bug in DSD-FME with the option : dsd-fme -Z

The last bit (49th bit) is false. It is sometimes at 80, sometimes at 00, but it is not the real bit. when in a 49th bit frame is set to 1, it is sometimes set to 1, sometimes to 0 on DSD-FME when it should always be set to 1.

I don't know if it's only the display that is wrong or if the bit decoding is wrong as well. I think it's an old bug, maybe present since the beginning of DSD-FME.
I remember reading about this, lwvmobile said "...the last octet (80) only has one significant bit in it, its just packed so that it is either 80 or 00."
Whole answer here: DSD FME

Fredo68

doriboni

I remember reading about this, lwvmobile said "...the last octet (80) only has one significant bit in it, its just packed so that it is either 80 or 00."
Whole answer here: DSD FME
yes, right but this bit is wrong.

when I transmit in DMR and capture at the same time with DSD-FME-Z and another DSD, the last bit is correct on another DSD but wrong randomly with DSD-FME. There must be a bug in the handling of this last bit on DSD-FME.

test yourself by capturing the frames at the same time on DSD-FME and another DSD and you will see that the last bit is randomly wrong on DSD-FME (while the reception has no error).

aromka1

Sometimes DSD_FME has got litte delay (5 seg, 10 seg)... and other times perfect. Why? TCP port is 7355.
and other doubt, it is normal that MI changes in the same transmision every second for a new one?

thanks

ki4hyf

Premium Subscriber
yes, right but this bit is wrong.

when I transmit in DMR and capture at the same time with DSD-FME-Z and another DSD, the last bit is correct on another DSD but wrong randomly with DSD-FME. There must be a bug in the handling of this last bit on DSD-FME.

test yourself by capturing the frames at the same time on DSD-FME and another DSD and you will see that the last bit is randomly wrong on DSD-FME (while the reception has no error).
I believe you, it's just an insignificant "bug". Not worth worrying about.

aromka1

So, and it is normal that I heard sometimes with 10 seconds delay the voice on FME?

Hello greetings everyone, I am literally very lost with all the information that is here and no matter how much I read I cannot understand how to correctly install DSD-FME... I am currently using original normal DSD and SDRsharp, can someone be so kind as to Explain to me how to install this version? I am interested in listening to NXDN encrypted by placing the known key. I am on Windows 10 64bits. How can I install it? What do I need to download? CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME?

ki4hyf

Premium Subscriber
So, and it is normal that I heard sometimes with 10 seconds delay the voice on FME?
No, it's not been normal in my case. A second or two would seem normal to me, but not a whole 10 seconds. FME by itself uses very little resources, so I would look at my computer to make sure it isn't running out of gas first. Just out of curiosity, how are you determining it is delayed?

aromka1

No, it's not been normal in my case. A second or two would seem normal to me, but not a whole 10 seconds. FME by itself uses very little resources, so I would look at my computer to make sure it isn't running out of gas first. Just out of curiosity, how are you determining it is delayed?
Because I am using own arc4 radio

ki4hyf

Premium Subscriber
Because I am using own arc4 radio
Gotcha. Well, I've done a fair bit of testing like that, and I've never experienced such a huge delay. I wish I could help more, but I'm at a loss without a lot more information.