DSDPlus Fast Lane Program

SCFDCOMM

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know how else to get the software other than sending donation via paypal?

I picked up an RTL-SDR V4 and want to simply decode a phase 2 control channel, no need to listen to actual transmissions.

From what I gather DSD + fast lane is generally the simplest way to do this.

Can anyone steer me in proper direction?

Thanks

imonitorit

Short answer: No
What I did: Get a paypal visa card and add enough funds to cover the software. When you add funds to the paypal card you have to use cash only. I did everything at a Walgreens store. It's a little bit of a pain to set up. After the purchase and you get the paid version up and running, cancel the card before they hit you with a $4.95 per month charge.

cmjonesinc

What I did: Get a paypal visa card and add enough funds to cover the software. When you add funds to the paypal card you have to use cash only. I did everything at a Walgreens store. It's a little bit of a pain to set up. After the purchase and you get the paid version up and running, cancel the card before they hit you with a $4.95 per month charge.

Since when did dsd fastlane turn into a monthly subscription? The website still states it's $10 for a year of updates or $25 for lifetime.

imonitorit

Since when did dsd fastlane turn into a monthly subscription? The website still states it's $10 for a year of updates or $25 fo
Clarification: The paypal visa will charge you $4.95 per month for the card. It's a service charge.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Anyone know how else to get the software other than sending donation via paypal?

I picked up an RTL-SDR V4 and want to simply decode a phase 2 control channel, no need to listen to actual transmissions.

Thanks

What other option do you have to pay if you do not have Paypal? And are you just looking for a $10 one-year or a $25 lifetime subscription? Just curious. Sounds like you just have the desire to use it once and then never again.

Reconrider

Inside the Galaxy

Thanks
The software is paid, so no. There's no other way to get the software until you pay - unless of course you have a friend who's willing to give you it.

25 dollars isn't that much for lifetime updates considering the coder has added lots of stuff. It's a great program.
If you don't want to pay, use sdrtrunk free of charge and enjoy it's quirks

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
There is nothing in your area using a TDMA control channel. I believe you mean a Phase II system, however anything you're trying to decode like 6C8 is using an FDMA control channel. Forget about DSD+ and download the latest release of Unitrunker instead if you simply want to track the activity without decoding voice (most of which is AES anyway for that system, assuming that's what you're after). If not that system, the same applies to anything else out there (MRRS, Suffolk, Nassau, etc.) all using FDMA control channels.

SCFDCOMM

Premium Subscriber
There is nothing in your area using a TDMA control channel. I believe you mean a Phase II system, however anything you're trying to decode like 6C8 is using an FDMA control channel. Forget about DSD+ and download the latest release of Unitrunker instead if you simply want to track the activity without decoding voice (most of which is AES anyway for that system, assuming that's what you're after). If not that system, the same applies to anything else out there (MRRS, Suffolk, Nassau, etc.) all using FDMA control channels.
the SDR world is new to me, i was thinking too deep, not the system, but I overlooked the CC being FDMA, thanks