DSDPlus FL

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodburyMan

Currently on latest release of DSDP FL. Wondering a few things with log files if anyone could help me..

I have a few instances of it running with FMP24... I start my DSDPlus Sessions with this
Code:
start dsdplus -F1 -rp -e -T -E -i20001 -M32 -fa -o0 -O NUL -f1 -fx -0
It creates event logs for each instance with the instance number in them, ex "DSDPlus#1.event". These files get close to to 100mb+ in a week on the systems I watch, and the system i have it on is a very thin system with not a lot of storage.

I'd like to keep these files at say a limit of 5mb10mb before it begins to overwrite/purge data, or a day/time limit.
I read through most of the help functions and readme files but couldn't find anything such as a limit option for this file.
Anyone know of anything? In a pinch I can set up a task to delete the file in Windows periodicly, but i'd lose recent data. I'd rather do it in the program if possible.

Second.. is there any way to change the location of this file? I'd like to have this log file instead write to a folder outside of DSDPlus's folder (On seperate storage). Again, I can set up a symobilic link to storage from Windows for it.. but it would be easier if the program supported it.

Thanks!

a417

I'd like to keep these files at say a limit of 5mb10mb before it begins to overwrite/purge data, or a day/time limit.
Logrotate in linux is how I do this, but on Windows, this might do the trick. I don't know how fleshed out it is, but I use logrotate on entire directory trees of programs to handle ALL logfiles on the NAS in a consistent manner. (...as I run DSD+ in a mounted directory)

I also let DSD+ run in its own folder (for each instance) and then every 6 hours an XCOPY batchfile runs that dumps all the audio above a certain size (-PTmp3 records every keyup or kerchunk and I don't copy mp3s < 2kb) onto the NAS in a date delimited folder structure.

The program can't handle directory functions to the level I like, so I let it do what it can and I have basic scripts & scheduled tasks to make it not stink.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.