DSDPlus and NXDN48 and 96

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
You're welcome. When voice traffic does occur on the system, you'll see more channel ID <--> frequency stuff show up in the Channel Activity window. And you should eventually see Group and/or Private calls show up in the main Event Window. Like I said, there is probably little activity. In one screenshot I saw one radio registration lol. That's about it.
i did just hear some scretching but only once so far...i have some other NEXEDGE on the 850mhz band i'll test that out later. Do i have to do this for DMR to? because i have had it on a DMR channel before and it just worked without needing to modify any files.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
But in the spectrum view i see all kinds of signals popping up and down . what is that anyway's.. u can see it in the video i sent.
Probably trunked systems or other conventional audio. Never know until you click on them.

Anyway, you should add this to your DSDPlus.sites file, just above the NEXEGE48,219,27,"Honaker, VA" entry

NEXEDGE48,219,12,"Fancy Gap, VA"
NEXEDGE48,219,15,"Point Lookout Mtn, VA"
NEXEDGE48,219,20,"Pochontas, VA"
NEXEDGE48,219,25,"Springville, VA"
NEXEDGE48,219,26,"Tazewell, VA"

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
Probably trunked systems or other conventional audio. Never know until you click on them.

Anyway, you should add this to your DSDPlus.sites file, just above the NEXEGE48,219,27,"Honaker, VA" entry

NEXEDGE48,219,12,"Fancy Gap, VA"
NEXEDGE48,219,15,"Point Lookout Mtn, VA"
NEXEDGE48,219,20,"Pochontas, VA"
NEXEDGE48,219,25,"Springville, VA"
NEXEDGE48,219,26,"Tazewell, VA"
Ok i added that... now does having that in the sites file configure it for other NEXEDGE stuff or say i wanted to add another NEXEDGE freqs would i need to go back and add it all to the same files each?

What i'm trying to understand is , is each trunked site individule as far as adding it . hope u can understand what i'm saying lol

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Ok i added that... now does having that in the sites file configure it for other NEXEDGE stuff or say i wanted to add another NEXEDGE freqs would i need to go back and add it all to the same files each?

What i'm trying to understand is , is each trunked site individule as far as adding it . hope u can understand what i'm saying lol

No. that just allows those sites to be IDs in DSDPlus when you see the neighbors listed. For instance, let's say you can copy the control channel of one of the neighboring sites (frequencies are listed in my original post), then yes we'd have to gather the frequencies for that site and you'd have to add those frequencies to the DSDPlus.frequencies file.

Each trunking site is indiviidual and needs added.

One entry in the DSDPlus.Networks file for the network (like NEXEDGE,219,"FleetTalk Carolinas")
One entry in the DSDPlus.Sites file for every site under that system you are going to monitor
A handful of entries (dependent upon # of freqs) per site for every site you are going to monitor

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
No. that just allows those sites to be IDs in DSDPlus when you see the neighbors listed. For instance, let's say you can copy the control channel of one of the neighboring sites (frequencies are listed in my original post), then yes we'd have to gather the frequencies for that site and you'd have to add those frequencies to the DSDPlus.frequencies file.

Each trunking site is indiviidual and needs added.

One entry in the DSDPlus.Networks file for the network (like NEXEDGE,219,"FleetTalk Carolinas")
One entry in the DSDPlus.Sites file for every site under that system you are going to monitor
A handful of entries (dependent upon # of freqs) per site for every site you are going to monitor
Great i understand that... i really appreciate the help with this, I have been bouncing back and forth between SDRtrunk and DSDPlus FL and i have to say DSDPlus is my fav between the two it seem to be more sensitive and it's alot easier to figure what u can listen to.. Like with dsdplus i'm able to listen to a P25 channel 152.5325 that has more on it , i can hear 152.6825 and 152.0375 with sdrtrunk and all three seem to have the same traffic but 152.5325 has all the traffic plus a few extra talkgroups and sdrtrunk will barely pick it up but dsdplus picks it up just fine. i wish sdrtrunk would pick it up like dsdplus would so i could use all my SDR's more efficiently. I have 3 RTL-SDR's and 1 RSPdx i would like to use the RSPdx to scan a set of freqs in dsdplus but they're is no squelch for it so i'm stuck using the dongles and after using everything for awhile i would buy the dongles again over the RSPdx they just seem to work better overall with the available software.

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
Great i understand that... i really appreciate the help with this, I have been bouncing back and forth between SDRtrunk and DSDPlus FL and i have to say DSDPlus is my fav between the two it seem to be more sensitive and it's alot easier to figure what u can listen to.. Like with dsdplus i'm able to listen to a P25 channel 152.5325 that has more on it , i can hear 152.6825 and 152.0375 with sdrtrunk and all three seem to have the same traffic but 152.5325 has all the traffic plus a few extra talkgroups and sdrtrunk will barely pick it up but dsdplus picks it up just fine. i wish sdrtrunk would pick it up like dsdplus would so i could use all my SDR's more efficiently. I have 3 RTL-SDR's and 1 RSPdx i would like to use the RSPdx to scan a set of freqs in dsdplus but they're is no squelch for it so i'm stuck using the dongles and after using everything for awhile i would buy the dongles again over the RSPdx they just seem to work better overall with the available software.
So after discussing this with u i have noticed more frequencies showing up and now they seem to have added NEXEDGE to my area FleetTalk https://www.radioreference.com/db/browse/ctid/2833/trs

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
So after discussing this with u i have noticed more frequencies showing up and now they seem to have added NEXEDGE to my area FleetTalk Carolinas Trunking System, Various, Multi-State

Correct, I submitted your posts as a submission so that the site you discovered would be added to the DB.

What frequencies are showing up in the Channel Activity window? And I'm presuming there is some voice activity, since you normally wouldn't notice other channels in use unless there was a Group or Private voice call.

As I mentioned, there are four or five other sites in VA that are listed as neighbors (NL = neighbor list). I had encouraged you to see if you can pick up any of those frequencies listed as control channels for the neighboring sites.

NL:
12 aka 112 (516-461.4375) WQZA254 FANCY GAP VA (CARROLL)
15 aka 115 (523-461.525) WQVJ713 INDEPENDENCE / Point Lookout Mtn VA (GRAYSON)
20 aka 120 (748-464.3375) WSDY711 POCOHONTAS VA (TAZEWELL)
25 aka 125 (199-452.475) WSDX383 SPRINGVILLE VA (TAZEWELL)
26 aka 126 (129-451.600) WSDY711 TAZEWELL / Morris Knob VA (TAZEWELL)

Fancy Gap and Point Lookout mtn are already known and in the DB. Pocohontas, Springville and Tazell are not.

When you get atime you should check those frequencies listed above and see if you get an L219 control channel . Not sure how close you are [or not] to any of those sites.

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
Correct, I submitted your posts as a submission so that the site you discovered would be added to the DB.

What frequencies are showing up in the Channel Activity window? And I'm presuming there is some voice activity, since you normally wouldn't notice other channels in use unless there was a Group or Private voice call.

As I mentioned, there are four or five other sites in VA that are listed as neighbors (NL = neighbor list). I had encouraged you to see if you can pick up any of those frequencies listed as control channels for the neighboring sites.

NL:

Fancy Gap and Point Lookout mtn are already known and in the DB. Pocohontas, Springville and Tazell are not.

When you get atime you should check those frequencies listed above and see if you get an L219 control channel . Not sure how close you are [or not] to any of those sites.
Tazewell is the closest, i'm really close to tazewell county probably 30 mins drive. my town of buchanan va actually borders WV and KY so i'm catching some of it all but this is all i'm seeing

Attachments

• pic3.png
    pic3.png
    172.6 KB · Views: 18

AngWay

Premium Subscriber

NL:

I finally heard some traffic on the site here is what i have heard so far

Attachments

• pic3.png
    pic3.png
    161.3 KB · Views: 12

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I finally heard some traffic on the site here is what i have heard so far

That’s good. I imagine if you park it on the site for a day instead of two minutes you’d probably hear a lot more. Looks like at least one of the talk groups is probably gonna be there some sort of public transportation or more likely some school district talk group of course you can always look on the Fleettalk Carolinas db and see if the talk groups are already identified

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
That’s good. I imagine if you park it on the site for a day instead of two minutes you’d probably hear a lot more. Looks like at least one of the talk groups is probably gonna be there some sort of public transportation or more likely some school district talk group of course you can always look on the Fleettalk Carolinas db and see if the talk groups are already identified
i was looking through it and it's all from SC and NC i didn't see any VA talkgroups.... what i'v heard already seems to be a school. i tried searching that talkgroup 15176 but nothing came up

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
i was looking through it and it's all from SC and NC i didn't see any VA talkgroups.... what i'v heard already seems to be a school. i tried searching that talkgroup 15176 but nothing came up
Fortunately radio aliases are broadcast. So if you get enough aliases associated with a particular talk group, you’re probably gonna be able to guess what entity is using that talkgroup

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Given one radio is bus number something or another, and the other is clay shop. I wonder if you’ve got a school district around named clay schools or something like that. Or clay shop may be a location like maybe a place called clay in Virginia. I don’t know. But those aliases will be helpful.

Last edited:

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
That’s an offer that I might not be able to pass it up. Why don’t you send me a private message or shoot me an email at my username @gmail.com
well i think u can just log in and take over and run everything and stay as long as u want because it's a pc i don't use