DSDPlus DSDPlusUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

scriptguru

Spy Satellite
Premium Subscriber
@Annunaki great UI, I'm very impressed!
I'm also happy that even though we haven't talked about it, our UI versions are not overlapping at all (yours is for PC, mine is for tablets - no effort wasted.
I love the dark theme, I wanted to do the same in my UI and I wish I could easily do the same with AutoIt (there is no direct theme support AFAIK so I'd need to set every single colour separately).

I'd really suggest making it open source just so that anyone can see what's actually inside (in our age of malware and spyware) and make improvements (in our age of Github), but that's just my opinion.

What you've done looks very good and is an appreciated gift to the community. It's definitely more convenient than looking into printed out manual every time you want to adjust something in DSD+

Annunaki

@Annunaki great UI, I'm very impressed!
I'm also happy that even though we haven't talked about it, our UI versions are not overlapping at all (yours is for PC, mine is for tablets - no effort wasted.
I love the dark theme, I wanted to do the same in my UI and I wish I could easily do the same with AutoIt (there is no direct theme support AFAIK so I'd need to set every single colour separately).

Thank you for the kind words it certainly has been a fun ride developing DSDPlusUI especially being my first program ever! It is developed in delphi using RAD studio Community Edition which does actually support multi platform builds and is compiled natively with Touch elements for tablets so I see no reason why DSDPlusUI would not work with tablets.

I am actually working on custom themes at the moment the user can change from within the program which is being a bit funny at the moment so who knows in the future when I have it right the user will be able to adjust to their liking.

I'd really suggest making it open source just so that anyone can see what's actually inside (in our age of malware and spyware) and make improvements (in our age of Github), but that's just my opinion.

I initially thought this but in the end went in the direction of closed source, I had false positives initially because I was packing my exe with an open source packer (UPX) but now I dont bother packing which has resolved the false positive and to date as of release 37 over 400 people have downloaded the program.

What you've done looks very good and is an appreciated gift to the community. It's definitely more convenient than looking into printed out manual every time you want to adjust something in DSD+

Thanks I hope that some time in the future I can pull some function statuses from DSD+/FMPx with maybe some API without being invasive and accessing the program memorys so I can add some visual feedback to my UI but that remains to be seen.

mrc333777

Premium Subscriber
i'm not sure if delphi can do it, im sure it can though. my idea is maybe have the program check to see if there is multiple instances of dsd and or fmp running and show the path next to it, then have a box with check mark choices like you have for other things to select which path of dsd to control. you can then get the process id's from that or the proper dsd/fmp to send the commands to.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Just downloaded 1.0.1.37.
There's no "Front End" window present on my setup.
Pressing the "Mute" button causes the word "Mute" to appear in the FMPA title bar, but it doesn't actually mute the audio.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Pressing the "Mute" button causes the word "Mute" to appear in the FMPA title bar, but it doesn't actually mute the audio.

Did you press the Front End button in the upper right corner?

Annunaki

Have you pressed the Front End button to open the window?

I'm not entirely sure how the Mute function works in FMPx, all DSDPlusUI does is forward keystrokes to DSD+ and FMPx but if Mute is shown on the title bar and is not working as expected then this is an FMPx issue which I have no control over.

Status
Not open for further replies.