Duke Energy P25 System

btt

Banned
Banned
If you're using a scanner, then that's why you're not picking it up. Currently no scanners available can track a TDMA control channel.
I guess it depends on what you call a scanner. The P25RX-II and the latest firmware/software does allow you to monitor a TDMA control channel. It has done so before any other solution existed (aside from the subscriber units).

reconrider8

I guess it depends on what you call a scanner. The P25RX/P25RX-II and the latest firmware/software does allow you to monitor a TDMA control channel. It has done so before any other solution existed (aside from the subscriber units).
Sdrs have been around for a while I think they were the first.

• Haha
Reactions: btt

btt

Banned
Banned
Just in case the last couple of posters weren't joking. Here is the history of how it unfolded.

INDaviation

Custom title goes here
Premium Subscriber
I guess it depends on what you call a scanner. The P25RX/P25RX-II and the latest firmware/software does allow you to monitor a TDMA control channel. It has done so before any other solution existed (aside from the subscriber units).
Didn't know that. I'm not too knowledgeable about the P25RX. I'll have to look into that when more of these TDMA CC systems inevitably pop up.

btt

Banned
Banned
Didn't know that. I'm not too knowledgeable about the P25RX. I'll have to look into that when more of these TDMA CC systems inevitably pop up.
No problem. You obviously don't pay attention to the progression of this. The P25RX and P25RX-II were decoding audio from these systems before anyone else had a chance. I guess I have to go dig it up now. I knew you ****ers would do this.

MSS-Dave

AFIAK and one of the things I learned in the Mastr V class is Harris is the only manufacturer doing TDMA CC, makes it proprietary to them for now. Supposed to be included in the next update to the P25 II standards. @btt , I really need to check into what you have been doing, really cool stuff. Unfortunately, Duke chose to 100% encrypt AES so monitoring just isn't going to happen.

slicerwizard

The P25RX and P25RX-II were decoding audio from these systems before anyone else had a chance. I guess I have to go dig it up now. I knew you ****ers would do this.
Be sure to not mention any of the help (TDMA CC samples, etc.) that the community provided you with.

btt

Banned
Banned
Be sure to not mention any of the help (TDMA CC samples, etc.) that the community provided you with.

Read the thread I linked. You were given credit as credit was due. I knew you guys would act like this from your previous posts. Whaterever. I don't give a **** anymore. You take the credit alll you want, but I was the first one to get the decode started on this. The OP25 guy said it couldn't be done from those beautiful 4-FSK samples in the beginning. I decoded them and showed that they were in fact P2/TDMA control channel. The P25RX receivers where the first to decode voice from these new TDMA CC systems. I want credit for that.

INDaviation

Custom title goes here
Premium Subscriber
No problem. You obviously don't pay attention to the progression of this. The P25RX and P25RX-II were decoding audio from these systems before anyone else had a chance. I guess I have to go dig it up now. I knew you ****ers would do this.
Excuse me? Sorry for my ignorance. No need to cuss at me.

slicerwizard

Read the thread I linked. You were given credit as credit was due. I knew you guys would act like this from your previous posts. Whaterever. I don't give a **** anymore. You take the credit alll you want, but I was the first one to get the decode started on this. The OP25 guy said it couldn't be done from those beautiful 4-FSK samples in the beginning. I decoded them and showed that they were in fact P2/TDMA control channel. The P25RX receivers where the first to decode voice from these new TDMA CC systems. I want credit for that.
I have no clue what set you off or why this is so important to you. At least three decoder projects were involved in this and they all got P25 TDMA CC decoding working in fairly short order. IMO, community members who gathered clean samples also deserve honorable mention. Seems like you have a short fuse or you've been steaming over this (or something) for a while. Don't know what drama (if any) you've been dealing with.

btt

Banned
Banned
I have no clue what set you off or why this is so important to you. At least three decoder projects were involved in this and they all got P25 TDMA CC decoding working in fairly short order. IMO, community members who gathered clean samples also deserve honorable mention. Seems like you have a short fuse or you've been steaming over this (or something) for a while. Don't know what drama (if any) you've been dealing with.
Don't worry dude. I'm use to Jews taking credit for every ****ing thing I do. This is no different. I'll expose them more if you want me to.

btt

Banned
Banned
It's great that you're passionate about your work however your responses now are taking this whole thread way off the rails. Can we keep it on topic and the bigotry to a minimum please? Damn.....
You posted in this thread, but you haven't added anything to it. Why do you post? i'm giving up my career here. You have nothing to add.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Harris is the only manufacturer doing TDMA CC, makes it proprietary to them for now.
I don't think I would use the term "proprietary". If other vendors can do it without violating copyrights, but have chosen not to, then it's not proprietary. I think "single-source" would be more correct.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I don't think I would use the term "proprietary". If other vendors can do it without violating copyrights, but have chosen not to, then it's not proprietary. I think "single-source" would be more correct.

It's funny. If MSI had a TDMA CC people would scream it's just to lock users into buying only MSI radios, Harris does it and it's cool. Funny how that works.