Duke Energy P25 System

reconrider8

Feed Provider
I know here in ne nc we are still using the analog 900mhz channels. I monitored them the other week with the ice storms. I wish they would hurry up and drop s digital system. I'm spoiled by digital trunking systems where it's clear vs static on the analog systems

MSS-Dave

Sites in FL are turning up quickly now. There will be a lot of drive testing once network connectivity is complete. Last I heard, system won't start going live until end of 2021 or early 2022, at least in Florida.

Typical trunked radio site design generally will have one transmit antenna on 1 5/8" rigid coax ( depends on number of channels and frequency separation) and one receive antenna with a TTA attached running 1/2" or 7/8" hardline. There may be an additional line running up to a test port on the TTA that provides a way to test system RX gain through the window filter and amplifier.

Certainly will be a big difference between narrow band analog audio and the latest vocoded P25 Phase 2 audio for sure.

BigLebowski

Sites in FL are turning up quickly now. There will be a lot of drive testing once network connectivity is complete. Last I heard, system won't start going live until end of 2021 or early 2022, at least in Florida.

Typical trunked radio site design generally will have one transmit antenna on 1 5/8" rigid coax ( depends on number of channels and frequency separation) and one receive antenna with a TTA attached running 1/2" or 7/8" hardline. There may be an additional line running up to a test port on the TTA that provides a way to test system RX gain through the window filter and amplifier.

Certainly will be a big difference between narrow band analog audio and the latest vocoded P25 Phase 2 audio for sure.
System ID, bandplan, etc?

CCHLLM

Considering the multiple weather-related infrastructure damages of the last two years, I'm surprised the increases aren't more than they are. Government fees and taxes are the federal, state, and local government regulation based golden geese schemes.

Anyway, the utilities comm systems are getting larger and becoming more complex and expensive with each upgrade in the never-ending battle to cover their own territories as well as their disaster mutual aid responsibilities.

Last edited: