East Kentucky Power Cooperative (EKPC) - DMR VHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
It appears that talk groups can roam throughout sites. TG 79975 has been active on Shelbyville and Lawrenceburg sites while talking with the same dispatcher.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
It appears that talk groups can roam throughout sites. TG 79975 has been active on Shelbyville and Lawrenceburg sites while talking with the same dispatcher.
The talk groups should roam to whatever site a radio on that talk group affiliates with. I wouldn't imagine they have placed too many roaming limitations on a system like this.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
The talk groups should roam to whatever site a radio on that talk group affiliates with. I wouldn't imagine they have placed too many roaming limitations on a system like this.
That seems to be the pattern, not a lot of restrictions. Considering Shelby Electric's service area is small they only seem to require 3 towers for operations.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Shelbyville tower has been located more accurately, it is actually in New Castle (Henry County) and that has been submitted to the DB. I located Brooks (Lousiville Metro Tower in Bullitt County) and have also submitted that. Possibly located Bardstown Control Channel however I did not further investigate the signal.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
More testing today on TG 79828. RID's of 74881 and 74795, 74795 sounds like a dispatcher at a desk somewhere and 74881 sounds like he is on a portable and is always the one to initiate the call to "Radio Service".

Also Tyner (Jackson County) site has been confirmed and submitted for an update.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
More testing today with 4 separate radios being used. Testing is on TG 79828 currently only receiving on Renaker (Harrison County) site but I have heard them test before on the Lawrenceburg Site.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
More testing today. 79828 appears to be mainly a radio tech channel, also got a new talk group 79932 where a user was calling "Support Group". Not sure if this new TG is a line to the Operations Center in Winchester but no one responded however it keyed Renaker, Lawrenceburg, and New Castle all at the same time.

bewybob

I have only the Stanton site programmed. ID searching, talk group 1000, user calling dispatch saying car pulled out in front of him on Frenchburg hill and to call emergency services.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Ok. Wonder if that is Licking Valley RECC, they don't have an FRN or any current FCC license and are members of EKPC.

bewybob

I have only the Stanton site programmed. ID searching, talk group 1000, user calling dispatch saying car pulled out in front of him on Frenchburg hill and to call emergency services.
After further listening and checking my log on Proscan I was mistaken in the previous post. The talk group ID 1000 is from Clark Energy Freq 158.16 MHz. The database has has Clark-Trap but looking thru FCC lookup feature on RR it looks like they have a tower in Stanton-Powell county with that Freq.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
I was wondering when that one would come up online. I wouldn't be surprised if the techs will be around Monday to test the controller

k4ktr

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering when that one would come up online. I wouldn't be surprised if the techs will be around Monday to test the controller
This has been on for about 2 weeks now i think that is when i first noticed it. just had not had time to DSD it. i live right net to the road to this site it is an awesome place. I just wish ekpc would rent me space but the refuse man it would make my wisp business grow time 10

Remington12G

GØT AES?
I have finally identified the Whitely KY (McCreary) site.
151.85 Control
Region 14
Site 1
DCC: 0

Submitting to DB now!

Status
Not open for further replies.