EBRCS Update

Oakland_Tower

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Nov 28, 2009
Messages
530
Reaction score
134
Location
S.F. Bay Area
are you sure 4606 was on ALCO SW? havent heard anything from them on that site.

and ditto on the 4205 here. radios are using 3164##. heard on ALCO SW site.

Heard both TGs on Alco SW today.... the only site that I was monitoring.
 

Oakland_Tower

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Nov 28, 2009
Messages
530
Reaction score
134
Location
S.F. Bay Area
ALCO SW TG 3660

I have been hearing some chatter on TG 3660 that sounds like a transit line or para transit operations. The DB shows this as UCPD channel 6. I have heard a reference to BART, but no other location to confirm what city this is. The people talking don't sound like cops. If this is city govt (city bus line) I would think they would be in the 46XX subset. Does anyone else have info on this TG?
 

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Joined
Oct 31, 2004
Messages
2,044
Reaction score
224
Location
San Diego, CA
I have been hearing some chatter on TG 3660 that sounds like a transit line or para transit operations. The DB shows this as UCPD channel 6. I have heard a reference to BART, but no other location to confirm what city this is. The people talking don't sound like cops. If this is city govt (city bus line) I would think they would be in the 46XX subset. Does anyone else have info on this TG?

I think I heard these guys last time I was in Berkeley. I believe it's the UC Berkeley campus "Bear transit" shuttle system. Take a look at the route map and let us know if you think this is what you're hearing:
Shuttle Routes & Schedules | Parking and Transportation

Note: Lawrence Berkeley Labs (LBL) has a separate shuttle system, but their channel is on the LLNL P25 system.
 

Oakland_Tower

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Nov 28, 2009
Messages
530
Reaction score
134
Location
S.F. Bay Area
I'm reasonable sure that this is Union City Transit and Paratransit. Control stations seem to be "400" and "500". I am surprised that their TG is in the UCPD subset and not city govt.
 

kma371

QRT
Joined
Feb 20, 2001
Messages
6,204
Reaction score
73
Ive seen some official documents and i do show 3660 as a union city PD TG. transit is supposed to be in the 46## range as well.

Maybe the offical information changed.
 

kma371

QRT
Joined
Feb 20, 2001
Messages
6,204
Reaction score
73
I think I heard these guys last time I was in Berkeley. I believe it's the UC Berkeley campus "Bear transit" shuttle system. Take a look at the route map and let us know if you think this is what you're hearing:
Shuttle Routes & Schedules | Parking and Transportation

Note: Lawrence Berkeley Labs (LBL) has a separate shuttle system, but their channel is on the LLNL P25 system.

Think you may be confusing UCPD with UCBPD ;)
 

Oakland_Tower

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Nov 28, 2009
Messages
530
Reaction score
134
Location
S.F. Bay Area
ALCO TG 2702

I'm hearing testing this morning from the ALCO SW site on TG 2702. Reading between the lines from the DB, looks like this is ALCO Fire Tac 42.
 

Oakland_Tower

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Nov 28, 2009
Messages
530
Reaction score
134
Location
S.F. Bay Area
Lots of Testing on ALCO Fire Talk Groups

I think the rollover to ALCO Fire is coming soon. Lots of testing all day and tonight on ALCO Fire TGs. I also heard the techs mention they are working overtime to program radios. Also said "Fremont was done" and earlier heard them going to Hayward Fire. I don't know if Hayward is coming to EBRCS or they are just putting radios in the rigs for mutual aid purposes. There was testing on Control 1, but not 2 that I noticed. The initial move may be just control 1 agencies.
This was monitored on the SW cell.
 
Last edited:

Oakland_Tower

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Nov 28, 2009
Messages
530
Reaction score
134
Location
S.F. Bay Area
I have been hearing some chatter on TG 3660 that sounds like a transit line or para transit operations. The DB shows this as UCPD channel 6. I have heard a reference to BART, but no other location to confirm what city this is. The people talking don't sound like cops. If this is city govt (city bus line) I would think they would be in the 46XX subset. Does anyone else have info on this TG?

Well, they changed over night to where they should be. Wonder if they were just using the wrong channel or were programmed incorrectly. This is what i have now: 4608 : Union City Transit. 4609: Union City Paratransit. DB updated.
 

kma371

QRT
Joined
Feb 20, 2001
Messages
6,204
Reaction score
73
Hayward should be going to EBRCS. The city is a member agency.

Thats true. I've only seen one talkgroup for fire (they share the ALCO tacs) and seven for PD. I don't think the PD plans on transitioning any time soon though.
 

Oakland_Tower

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Nov 28, 2009
Messages
530
Reaction score
134
Location
S.F. Bay Area
Fremont Park Rangers

Fremont Park Rangers (Boathouse) have gone digital today. TG 4220. Submitted to DB.
 

Oakland_Tower

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Nov 28, 2009
Messages
530
Reaction score
134
Location
S.F. Bay Area
ALCO Fire & Medics Going EBRCS in 30 Minutes

Just heard ALCO Control 1 announce that the change to EBRCS will be in 30 minutes.
7:05 a.m. now.
 

Oakland_Tower

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Nov 28, 2009
Messages
530
Reaction score
134
Location
S.F. Bay Area
Just heard ALCO Control 1 announce that the change to EBRCS will be in 30 minutes.
7:05 a.m. now.

Looks like the same dispatch configuration as the old system, except "control" is now "dispatch". Dispatch 3 seems to be for medics responding to cities that have their own fire dispatch (old control 3). C-Med: 5530. A few hospital ringdowns that I copied during testing: Alameda: 5505. Kaiser Fremont: 5510. Kaiser Hayward: 5511. Valley Care: 5517. Now the question is what fire tac channels does each "dispatch" area use? Hopefully its not a random mix so we have to listen to them all! The data base is up to date with dispatch and tac channels.
 
Last edited:

kma371

QRT
Joined
Feb 20, 2001
Messages
6,204
Reaction score
73
Now the question is what fire tac channels does each "dispatch" area use? Hopefully its not a random mix so we have to listen to them all! The data base is up to date with dispatch and tac channels.

Well we know the Berkeley Commands/Tacs are standard, so I guess over time we can figure out what tacs cover where.
 

Oakland_Tower

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Nov 28, 2009
Messages
530
Reaction score
134
Location
S.F. Bay Area
. QUOTE] Now the question is what fire tac channels does each "dispatch" area use? Hopefully its not a random mix so we have to listen to them all! The data base is up to date with dispatch and tac channels.[/QUOTE]

Looks like they are assigning the Command channel to the Battalion area. For example, Alameda City Fire, which is Battalion 1, has been assigned Command 1. ALCO Fire Battalion 4 gets Command 4, etc. This makes it nice for the scanner enthusiasts who just wants to monitor non ems calls in his area. For Fremont I would just need to listen to Command 5 & 6.
 
Top