Edmonton PD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never say never.
Well I just unlocked all the available decode methods available on my SDS 100..so in theory..Canada wide all modes possible should be available to hear. At least I won't have to sit around and wonder now..if it's quiet..it's because its quiet..

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
The SDS has nowhere near all the modulations that are in use across the country in LMR. And there's still plenty to listen to in Alberta - the sky may have fallen in one part of it, but not all by a long shot.

The SDS has nowhere near all the modulations that are in use across the country in LMR. And there's still plenty to listen to in Alberta - the sky may have fallen in one part of it, but not all by a long shot.
It has everything that I can use easily right now..for everything else there's Hack RF SDR's. I like portable and not fussy..pick it up and go..and that's what I am slowly getting to..making usable favourite lists etc..

Mootly

I am successfully listening to EFD and what I believe is the LRT system groups on the Edmonton Simulcast system.

I live out of the city and that system comes in better than the other Edmonton sites, and the local site doesn't carry all the EFD traffic (Of course, I am not sure the Simulcast site does either, still some work to do to figure out how the traffic is assigned).

I am using a cheap RTL dongle with the DSD+ Fastlane 1R command configuration. It takes a while to get the receiver warmed up and correctly locking in on the right frequencies but once it has time to auto-center on each channel it seems to work pretty good. DSD+ automatically skips any encrypted channels, so no locking up on unintelligible transmissions.

I will go back to the Software forum with the next question, but I'll ask here as well:
Is there a way in DSD+ to track by a particular call group, or set of call groups (I don't want to listen to the LTR, just EFD, like I used to do on my Bearcat on the EDACS system).

ESF-12

I am successfully listening to EFD and what I believe is the LRT system groups on the Edmonton Simulcast system.

I live out of the city and that system comes in better than the other Edmonton sites, and the local site doesn't carry all the EFD traffic (Of course, I am not sure the Simulcast site does either, still some work to do to figure out how the traffic is assigned).

I am using a cheap RTL dongle with the DSD+ Fastlane 1R command configuration. It takes a while to get the receiver warmed up and correctly locking in on the right frequencies but once it has time to auto-center on each channel it seems to work pretty good. DSD+ automatically skips any encrypted channels, so no locking up on unintelligible transmissions.

I will go back to the Software forum with the next question, but I'll ask here as well:
Is there a way in DSD+ to track by a particular call group, or set of call groups (I don't want to listen to the LTR, just EFD, like I used to do on my Bearcat on the EDACS system).

I've been contemplating such a thing, I figured the way to only listen to desired TG's in DSD is to lock out (L\O) ALL of the undesired TGs in the DSDPlus.groups file;

P25, 660C5.05A, 30, L\O, Normal, 0, 0000/00/00 0:00, "[SOW 1] U001"

Mootly

I've been contemplating such a thing, I figured the way to only listen to desired TG's in DSD is to lock out (L\O) ALL of the undesired TGs in the DSDPlus.groups file;

P25, 660C5.05A, 30, L\O, Normal, 0, 0000/00/00 0:00, "[SOW 1] U001"
And that is exactly the advice I got on the other forum. What I am doing now is setting up the groups file so that the various agencies are at different priority levels. Then I can set the priority level to, for example, 80 to include only Fire, 70 to include Transit and Fire, 60 to include Roads, Transit and Fire. Very tedious to set up but it works not too bad once it is done.

Another idea I am toying with is a script that will modify the file "on the fly" to lock out everything except a particular group depending on a selection key.
Once I have more experience with following talkgroups, I'll post an updated list on this forum. Many of the currently active ones are not in the RR list.

Status
Not open for further replies.