Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimeCaster

I dislike how some of these new systems are set up on Radio Reference. I'm from Kansas City, and am visiting family in Elkhorn this weekend. I would like to listen to my scanner while I'm up there, but when I located the frequencies for Elkhorn and surrounding areas, it is confusing as to what their talk groups actually are. I may be looking at it wrong, I don't know. But Johnson CO Kansas P25 system is listed the some way under Kansas' s Digital system. It would be nice if someone explained in short how to find the talk groups, please. Thanks for your help.

SCPD

QRT
The Elkhorn talkgroups in the database are no longer used. To listen to police in the Elkhorn area you want to listen to OPD Northwest Dispatch, the Elkhorn district is called beat 101. Also you would want to listen to Douglas county sheriff, there are some spots around Elkorn that were not annexed and still patrolled by the sheriff dept.
Youl would want to program all the OPD distpatch channels, countywide LE, OPD Event Channels and the LE Event channels. Do not program the OPD Public event or Le Public Event channels (no longer used). The traffic home event channels are funny to listen to sometimes.
Program all the Douglas county sheriff talkgroups (except the courthouse and civic center). Those channels are also used by rural PDs (Bennington, Boys Town, Ralston, Valley and Waterloo).
All the OFD channels including the fireground and fire block.
Douglas county common event channels and Metro channels..
Lifenet and NSP also have a talkgroup on the system.
Only program the Douglas county simulcast frequencies you don't want the OPPD towers if you want to listen to Douglas county public safety.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Nebraska Radio Discussion Forum
Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Nebraska.

I've deleted the off topic political conversation.

Lets keep the conversation on topic.

Last edited:
The traffic home event channels are funny to listen to sometimes.

That ain't no lie. I have heard some rather interesting talk on those talkgroups, especially when OPD has radar set up, or when there is some sort of event going on at Century Link Center or other parts of Omaha.

You should hear the oddball conversations that go on over our railroad road and yard channels, too.

I will be in Omaha next week, I may have to download the traffic home channels for comic relief.

MarMatthias

That ain't no lie. I have heard some rather interesting talk on those talkgroups, especially when OPD has radar set up, or when there is some sort of event going on at Century Link Center or other parts of Omaha.

You should hear the oddball conversations that go on over our railroad road and yard channels, too.

The holidays really are amusing... Some of the DUI arrests are very comical. I'm sure the police wish all DUI's were non-destructive... OPPD and MUD can have a few interesting conversations...

I heard today that somebody had a bulge under their driveway, MUD was called out to investigate. I do have to say that I felt the air show was disappointing this year though.

Status
Not open for further replies.