Error Ridden Radio Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twister_2

Feed Provider
Error 1, 3, 9, and 10. I get them sometimes 10 times per minute. Any idea where to start trouble shooting? I've confirmed things stay connected with Ping Plotter. I can maintain a remote connection to this computer when the feed spits out these errors. Further, sometimes the feed count resets to 0 but remains connected and the uptime keeps running. I go through these problematic connection spells. I'll be good for days, weeks, then bam. Errors.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 3.24.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 3.24.27 PM.png
    134.1 KB · Views: 26

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Error 1, 3, 9, and 10. I get them sometimes 10 times per minute. Any idea where to start trouble shooting? I've confirmed things stay connected with Ping Plotter. I can maintain a remote connection to this computer when the feed spits out these errors. Further, sometimes the feed count resets to 0 but remains connected and the uptime keeps running. I go through these problematic connection spells. I'll be good for days, weeks, then bam. Errors.
RadioFeed can't communicate with the far end intermittently. It could be cables, NIC cards, router ports, ISP, far end, etc.. Perhaps swap cables and ports, I would double check and triple check your findings using PingPlotter. Also if using AVG antivirus software, don't use that as that will break the TCP connection.

Twister_2

Feed Provider
RadioFeed can't communicate with the far end intermittently. It could be cables, NIC cards, router ports, ISP, far end, etc.. Perhaps swap cables and ports, I would double check and triple check your findings using PingPlotter. Also if using AVG antivirus software, don't use that as that will break the TCP connection.

I've seen this response on the forums multiple times and checked everything to the best of my ability. Tried different ports, DNS, etc. The problem comes and goes so it's very hard to test changing different variables. ISP is Verizon FiOS and router is Netgear Orbi. Months ago, I tried using the Verizon modem as the router and hardwired this computer. Still had the same intermittent issues.

Tryton

Updated to the latest version of proscan, The scanner is wireless so I reconfirmed the feed url's. Rebooted the scanner and router a bunch of times.. I honestly am out of ideas

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Updated to the latest version of proscan, The scanner is wireless so I reconfirmed the feed url's. Rebooted the scanner and router a bunch of times.. I honestly am out of ideas
Is my post #2 above helpful? Did you try those things?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I'm using latest version of Radio Feed and have been getting similar error messages this morning. I have double/triple checked everything on my end and did not find any problems, but the errors continue.

Tryton

I have tried everything, even wiping out my router settings to no avail.. Can I get the last update of proScan before this new one.. Would like to test89809

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have tried everything, even wiping out my router settings to no avail.. Can I get the last update of proScan before this new one.. Would like to testView attachment 89809
You already advised "Updated to the latest version of proscan" No changes in proScan so that will not help. What makes you think this is a ProScan issue? You advised "I just started getting this as well, outta no where." So it just started to happen? Any changes you know of? I'm not sure what you mean by "I have tried everything"? Does that include running PingPlotter? Are you using AVG Antivirus software?

Tryton

Ok, it's fixed.. You know how? I did a windows update and its been rock solid since this morning.. The only thing I can think of was a bad windows update maybe. I did the Ping plotter but have no idea what the hell im looking at. So make sure your windows is up to date folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.