Escambia County Public Safety now on P-25

Status
Not open for further replies.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
The week I was there then theymust have been taking it easy. It is not like it used to be but being local I understand your position of building up the place. However on the 380Mhz systems your right there are a lot of TGIDs active but I could care less about them because they are NOT exciting. I can't say for Eglin/Hurlburt but Pensacola the clear TGIDs are dull. I don't care about maint since those are the hardest to assign a tag to. The fuel trucks and TLine TGIDs are only interesting during the airshow. But whatever. Your there your whole life and I'm there only two weeks out of the year and if I can't hear something right off the bat, well I just don't have the time for search most of the time. Not to mention the damn USCG is encrypted 90 percent of the time. P25 is the worst invention radio makers come up with. Encryption made easy. Have fun. I'm out!!

ki4wbn

Actually P25 is probably one of the best things when it comes to interoperability...at least as it continues to be employed. The reason? It doesn't matter if you have a Motorola or a Harris, you can talk to each other on a trunked system.

Encryption is a road block when it comes to agencies talking to each other, whether you are using P25, EDACS, Motorola or even simplex.....but when push comes to shove and it is needed, all a dispatcher has to do is mouse click a single 'button' on a console and the encryption can be turned off so any agency with P25 capability and the proper programming can use it (without needing the encryption feature coding or keys).
P25 in itself actually does not make encryption any easier to employ. Really P25 is only unmonitorable (at least leaving the whole encryption issue out) if you have a conventional scanner, as some of the local people have found out over the past days.

kermit1

sorry to bring this back from the somewhat dead, but with the storm approaching, are there any good frequencies that I can use to monitor anything on a BC 60XLT or a radioshack pro 2048?

kermit1

yes. I was looking for other, lesser known frequencies that might be around. I grabbed those ham freqs up though, thanks.

BamaScan

Premium Subscriber
154.43000 is still VHF Analog. You can hear the base and not the truck all of the time.

460.575 is the New p25 Digital Main Dispatch channel. You will hear the same on 154.430 except you can hear all of the trucks. The trucks get dispatched from Ch 1 and get moved to a Tac Channel.

460.625 is Fire Tac 1 North p25 Digital.

453.275 is Fire Tac 2 Centeral p25 Digital

460.600 is Fire Tac 3 South p25 Digital

They also can use interop channels VTac 33 = 159.4725 and VTac 13 = 158. 7375 when working with Santa Rosa County Florida.

With The Tac Channels you may not hear them all. The range on them is not great. I only hear North Tac and sometimes Centeral Tac.

All other frequencies for fire in the database are not used.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Okay let get this strait so i understand what your saying is i will hear two way radio traffic on 460.575 and just one way radio traffic on 154.430? Is that correct?

BamaScan

Premium Subscriber
Okay let get this strait so i understand what your saying is i will hear two way radio traffic on 460.575 and just one way radio traffic on 154.430? Is that correct?

Correct. One will only hear two way traffic on 154.430 if you are real close to the FireTruck. Most of the time I lockout 154.430 if I can pickup the Digital Dispatch Channel. If you are going to monitor Escambia County, Florida Fire or EMS you need a P25 Phase I Scanner. If you dont have one your missing a bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.