Experiment: Build Your Own Stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfd119

Last night I was listening on this site and heard an air ambulance coordinating a landing zone in Otter Tail County on S-TAC 1 (I think).

I was kind of curious why/how this traffic was carried on a Metro area tower. Would it be because some user in the Metro area had their radio on the talkgroup, thus setting up the affiliation or are the S-Tac channels always "active" (for lack of a better term) as a matter of routine.

Affiliation or STAC-1 could be forced out. In the WISCOM system (Wisconsin's equivalant to ARMER), STAC-1 is forced out to every site, statewide. If it's not forced out like Wisconsin's, then its affiliation.

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
You also have places like life link three who don't have real dispatch terminals and will keep it alive in the metro IIRC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MNEMT1

Can you please add Sherburne County, Wright County, Allina Wright County, and CentraCare EMS?

To further follow up/add on this:

EMS-AL-W (Allina EMS Buffalo - Annandale - St. Michael - Elk River EMS)
EMSCC-MAIN (CentraCare EMS)
EMSLV-DISP (Lakeview EMS)
EMSAL-NEW-ULM ( Allina EMS New Ulm)
EMSAL-GL-HUT (Allina EMS Glencoe + Hutchinson)
EMSAL-NRTHFIELD (Northfield EMS)

johnmoe1

Winona Ambulance - can't get right now
Allina Northfield - already there (Allina is all toward the bottom)
Lakeview - just added under Allina
New Ulm/Glencoe/Hutchinson - I see a small amount of traffic for these (mainly on Ramsey?), but am not sure it is anywhere near all.

EMS-AL-W (Allina EMS Buffalo - Annandale - St. Michael - Elk River EMS) - This is often on Hennepin West. My Hennepin West is unfortunately often not good enough to listen to.

EMSCC-MAIN (CentraCare EMS) - I'm not sure what talkgroup this is.

MNEMT1

@Johnmoe

From an insiders perspective, how would I find the information you're looking for (talkgroup, anything else?)

johnmoe1

@Johnmoe

From an insiders perspective, how would I find the information you're looking for (talkgroup, anything else?)

There are no talkgroup labeled CentraCare in the RR database ( Allied Radio Matrix for Emergency Response (ARMER) Trunking System, Various, Minnesota - Scanner Frequencies ). I remember labeling some radios CentraCare (on MRCC), so I checked where else I have ever seen those radios. I am guessing you are looking for talkgroup 27120. I do not get that one well enough to include it, either.

stmills

27120: Monticello Big Lake Ambulance , which became New River EMS, which is Now Centracare EMS Monticello.
Centracare Also has an EMS service in Long Prairie.

wesley2099

Scanner

Is there anyway you can add Chisago county talk groups maybe just law 1 and law 2 that would be awesome.

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Talkgroup ID's

Is there anyway you can add Chisago county talk groups maybe just law 1 and law 2 that would be awesome.

Wesley2099 - You will have to provide the TGRP ID's in-order for Johnmoe to add them, if it's even possible for Chisago.

johnmoe1

Wesley2099 - You will have to provide the TGRP ID's in-order for Johnmoe to add them, if it's even possible for Chisago.

Chisago law talkgroups were easy enough to find. I can't get the Chisago-Isanti site, but it looks like tg 5400 is often on the Washington site. I don't like to talkgroups with significant missing audio, so I will do a little more checking to try to figure out if it almost always on Washington or just sometimes.

wesley2099

Talk group

That would be awesome it looks like 5400 5401 5402 5403 are the main law enforcement channels

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
Chisago law talkgroups were easy enough to find. I can't get the Chisago-Isanti site, but it looks like tg 5400 is often on the Washington site. I don't like to talkgroups with significant missing audio, so I will do a little more checking to try to figure out if it almost always on Washington or just sometimes.

From my experience the Chisago sheriff main is carried sporadically on Washington county and fire is nearly non-existent as are any of the tac channels.

MPSMP

Just wondering. Did anyone hear Richfield Pd on Mpls fire tac 3 this morning? Started around 510am I think.. Wondering if it was just bleed over or problem with the feed?

johnmoe1

ME Tac 1 was patched with Mpls Fire Tac 3. That person* kept mistakenly using ME Tac 1 when he meant to be using Richfield Car to Car. He did it a bunch of times last night. I see examples starting as early as 17:57. At 21:05 he talks for 57 seconds! At 05:32 Minneapolis Dispatch tells him he is on ME TAC and that it is reserved.

* I suppose it could be a problem with the radio, but I think user error is probably more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.