Explain this page to me???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECHO3

That's somewhat of a standard header. If there are only red ccs, then just use those, no alternate ccs exist. If you set your digital scanner for cc only, you'll recieve all voice comms on their frequencies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Evidently no one has yet determined what the alternate CCs would be, so there's nothing in blue. It's perfectly normal to hear voice on the other channels, but from your question, I think you have not programmed this system as a trunking system. There is no 'priority channel' as you mean it in a trunking system. You didn't mention what scanner you are using, so it's hard to diagnose that issue. However, if you are having trouble understanding trunking (and it kinda sounds like that is part of the issue here), I would start with the 'trunking basics' link found on the wiki homepage under the 'Links for Newcomers' section. Go to the blue toolbar under the Scanner Master ad and float your mouse over Wiki then select Wiki Homepage.

Also let folks know what scanner and software you are using to program it, if any. There are worlds of difference betwenn the new Uniden DMA scanners and the RS/GRE OO scanners. 73 Mike

73 Mike

Peculiar1

That's somewhat of a standard header. If there are only red ccs, then just use those, no alternate ccs exist. If you set your digital scanner for cc only, you'll recieve all voice comms on their frequencies.

I have all the freq"s programed in one bank (pro96) I alpha tagged the red control channels As CRPD-FD-AMB...I receive VC transmissions on non RED freq's I have programed in....So going by what you say If I only programed the 3 red control channels I would still get all the transmissions... EX: 857.73750 is not listed as a red control channel yet I receive many VC transmissions on it...This is way to complicated

Peculiar1

Evidently no one has yet determined what the alternate CCs would be, so there's nothing in blue. It's perfectly normal to hear voice on the other channels, but from your question, I think you have not programmed this system as a trunking system. There is no 'priority channel' as you mean it in a trunking system. You didn't mention what scanner you are using, so it's hard to diagnose that issue. However, if you are having trouble understanding trunking (and it kinda sounds like that is part of the issue here), I would start with the 'trunking basics' link found on the wiki homepage under the 'Links for Newcomers' section. Go to the blue toolbar under the Scanner Master ad and float your mouse over Wiki then select Wiki Homepage.

Also let folks know what scanner and software you are using to program it, if any. There are worlds of difference betwenn the new Uniden DMA scanners and the RS/GRE OO scanners. 73 Mike

73 Mike
I wasn't complaining about the web site or anything about Radio Reference... I have a Pro 96 and am using Win 96 software...And you are correct I am confused....very....I've had one person tell me just to enter the red control channels..if I did that would I still receive transmissions from the remainder of the 14 Freq's? if they were used as a few are now..

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Yes, all you would need are the red colored channels. The 96 will compute the correct voice channel to go to for a particular conversation.

I'm not a RS person, so I will let someone jump in here to get you started with programming this system correctly. However, we do have a shortcut article in our wiki for programming a system by hand...

Programming Shortcut Pro-96 - The RadioReference Wiki

The only disadvantage I see here is that if the system jumps to a CC that is not in the database, you will not be able to trunktrack it. A better way to validate this would be if someone could validate the CCs in the Cedar Rapids system and whether any alt CCs have been noted. Additional resources include the Scan Iowa and Quad Cities Scan Yahoo groups as listed here...

Iowa(US) - The RadioReference Wiki

You can't have too many sources of information in this game! 73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.