SDRTrunk Feature Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

air-scan

I wish for a button that pauses on a talk group that also will unpause and continue "scanning" talk groups. There was some interesting traffic on one of te local talk groups here and I missed some of it. When you here "all officers 10-64" that's when I want to hold on that talk group then release the hold when the officers are no longer in that alert.

I also request for the "Aliases" tab to have an import option compatible to RRDB .csv files. This will save a lot of time for all the users including myself. Especially on systems with large numbers of talk groups. Also automatically set the alerts with imported information. We can still always change colors and icons.
Having said that, I did see in C:\sdr-trunk-windows-x86_64-v0.4.0\sdr-trunk-windows-x86_64-v0.4.0\lib
Filename: radio-reference-api-15.12.jar
I do not know what that is for and how to use it. I am guessing it's for RRDB but it I am also guessing that could be for broadcastify. It doesn't say broadcastify in that file name. Need some clarification on this one.
Thanks!

simmsrep

Premium Subscriber
There is a google group for SDRTrunk. There is daily discussion there and the developer post the latest changes there. I don't think the pause button has been implemented but you can set priority for each talkgroup. Also on the github page Mr. Sheirer has implemented a playlist editor wherein you can download talkgroups directly from RR ( version sdr-trunk-0.5.0-alpha1). Go to the SDRTriunk group page and checkout Apr 26 and read playlist editor merged into master branch, read Apr 20 new playlist editor and scroll down to the post by WR3KR for a Perl script to import CSV files, and Apr 13 importing CSV talkgroups from RR into aliases for a Perl script also.

air-scan

There is a google group for SDRTrunk. There is daily discussion there and the developer post the latest changes there. I don't think the pause button has been implemented but you can set priority for each talkgroup. Also on the github page Mr. Sheirer has implemented a playlist editor wherein you can download talkgroups directly from RR ( version sdr-trunk-0.5.0-alpha1). Go to the SDRTriunk group page and checkout Apr 26 and read playlist editor merged into master branch, read Apr 20 new playlist editor and scroll down to the post by WR3KR for a Perl script to import CSV files, and Apr 13 importing CSV talkgroups from RR into aliases for a Perl script also.
we can run perl scripts in Windows 10? if so how?

simmsrep

Premium Subscriber
Strawberry perl
Strawberry Perl for Windows
I downloaded it to my windows machine but I have Ubuntu 18 in a virtual machine and converted my csv files there. It was just easier for me. If you use the script from WR3KR in the Apr 20 new playlist editor post it will do most of what you want.

air-scan

Strawberry perl
Strawberry Perl for Windows
I downloaded it to my windows machine but I have Ubuntu 18 in a virtual machine and converted my csv files there. It was just easier for me. If you use the script from WR3KR in the Apr 20 new playlist editor post it will do most of what you want.
Ill think about it. I could wait for the alpha to become public too since something like that is in the works.

simmsrep

Premium Subscriber
You can go to the github for SDRTrunk and download the zip file now with the alias editor. You'll have to compile it yourself whereas the public releases are already compiled.

air-scan

You can go to the github for SDRTrunk and download the zip file now with the alias editor. You'll have to compile it yourself whereas the public releases are already compiled.
Okay I can handle that. Just need to update Liberica JDK 11 to v13

da2ricky

You could install Trunking Recorder as it now supports importing from SDRTrunk. I record the entire system I monitor, then have "favorite groups" setup in Trunking Recorder that lets me filter down to a select few talkgroups, or I can listen to a single talkgroup only.

air-scan

You could install Trunking Recorder as it now supports importing from SDRTrunk. I record the entire system I monitor, then have "favorite groups" setup in Trunking Recorder that lets me filter down to a select few talkgroups, or I can listen to a single talkgroup only.
A bit much for basic listening. A temporary hold button is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.