Fire notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnlemus

Was wondering if there was an app or some kind of way to recieve notifications via phone or tablet ...of fires in my area. I know there are companies that charge upwards of 500 bucks to fire and smoke restoration companies . Companies like IPN, or 1st responder. But I'm wondering if there is any other way..like a free app something.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Buy a scanner and monitor the fire dept dispatch channel(s). The scanner will cost less than $500 and you'll only have to buy it once.

Johnlemus

But I would like to go about my daily routine and just recieve NOTIFICATIONS when ther are fires...not have to scan for them. Do you think there is anyway ..or technology that could accomplish this?

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
John they even charge us FIREFIGHTERS for the service you want. I have not seen a free service for what you want. Are you in the Fire Service? Our local 911 will send a txt msg to listed firefighters cell phones but only firefighters not the news media or local fire buffs only listed firefighters.

Johnlemus

I volunteer for one near my area. Honestly my buds and I just like to chase them. I'm just wondering if there is a way to somehow automatically send calls via notification from the scanners on Radio Reference...without having to sit there and listen to all the traffic. Obviously contractors and people like that would love something like that....but I would like those notificatiins for my own personal reasons

$$$

I would like those notificatiins for my own personal reasons

Companies like Service Master and ServPRO charge a fortune for Fire Restoration, therefore would just love to be the first on the scene of a fire for cleanup dollars.

reedeb

If you are in the Northeast US Mass NH and Maine have Fire Notification groupd you can listen to on scanner. I was a member of Southern Maine Fire Notification many years ago miss getting the info from them for big fires

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
Check out PulsePoint. It is a free smartphone app. If your agency is a member you can get alerts on your cell phone. It was originally designed to alert CPR trained individuals to cardiac emergencies in their vicinity (it uses the phones' GPS), but it displays and alerts on all types of calls. You can program the notifications. I have mine set up to alert on structure and wildland fires for Santa Barbara County. I often get an alert before the call is dispatched. Shows unit status and location on map. I can leave the scanner off if I want and not miss a call.

prings

KE4EMQ The dept that i am with uses active 911 it is an app you can get but the department has to give you a code to use it.When a call comes in the screen pops up showing the type of call location and directions to the call from where the user is and also shows who else in the dept is checking it and where they are. It also logs the calls on the phone so you can go back and check calls you might have missed .It is not free there is a yearly cost for it.It can be turned off on the phone if don't want to hear it.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Ok cool, but if I am not a first responder or Firefighter can I obtain a code?

Each responder is issued a different and unique code by their agency. The agency has to first add the responder to their Active911 account to generate the code. The responder inputs the code into the app on their phone and will then receive alerts on their phone.

Since you are not a responder, it is highly unlikely that you will obtain a code from any agency.

w8prr

Premium Subscriber
Alertpage

Alertpage only charges 30 per year, but you have to understand that run only get sent when someone pages them. Some minor runs get paged some major ones don't.
check their web page.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
And some scanners have tone detect built in such as the Uniden BCD396/996XT....

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Check out PulsePoint. It is a free smartphone app. If your agency is a member you can get alerts on your cell phone. It was originally designed to alert CPR trained individuals to cardiac emergencies in their vicinity (it uses the phones' GPS), but it displays and alerts on all types of calls. You can program the notifications. I have mine set up to alert on structure and wildland fires for Santa Barbara County. I often get an alert before the call is dispatched. Shows unit status and location on map. I can leave the scanner off if I want and not miss a call.

PP gets the data from the CAD of the agency dispatching the calls. The MDT/Laptops and your device get the call out data then Tone Out & Aural Dispatching occurs (Locution or human).

Status
Not open for further replies.