AR5700D First impressions

alanswebb

@ Sub101uk

How does your radio perform on HF when it is desensitised when tuning in and around VHF/UHF?
I know you always refer to DMR/DALL being affected strongly, but is the radio always working well on HF?
I assume you would have checked it out on HF after all this time and trouble?
Yes, I know it uses a different antenna jack for HF, but what about the results on HF?
I simply can’t recall you making reference to HF deafness, but I might be mistaken.

sub101uk

HF works fine right this is todays update Had a phone call from RW this morning regarding me inviting people to join me in my trip up to there shop due to coronavirus since there only letting one person in at a time . But after speaking with RW its very clear that since it out of warranty they dont want to know and want me to take up my problem with the importer . As you know the radio was sent to BF who tested it and compared the
sensitivity plus he installed his SD card settings into my my 5700D and we are both both running the same firmware so we should get the same wrong as you can see from the pictures mine is way down on signal .

But speaking with the main importer he did now accept that there was someone wrong but not sure what both me and BF have gone over all the settings both radios are both set up with the same settings , So it was then a case of thinking what can be the cause because like I said I went to bed with a working radio and woke up with a deaf radio because the the local DMR repeater was so weak it could no longer decode DMR .

So with a bit of luck I may have the opportunity to take the radio down to the importer and show them as at the moment every time they receive my radio all they do is adjust user controls but its very clear that now out of warranty RW does not want to know . So this is what BF found on his setup and his SD card settings. Since with his settings in my unit and dont forget we both have the same firmware sensitivity should be same .

Attachments

• Compare BF 5700D to mine on 97.100 Mhz.JPG
    Compare BF 5700D to mine on 97.100 Mhz.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 66
  • B F Testing DMR on 439.9125   27.07.2021.JPG
    B F Testing DMR on 439.9125 27.07.2021.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 63
  • Compare BF 5700D to mine .27.07.2021.JPG
    Compare BF 5700D to mine .27.07.2021.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 58

OK1-35037

Just for information.
I have wrote to AOR support 14 basic bugs in Firmware. Reply ... nothing. If You are interested, I can write here the list of problems, that you can test on your own receiver. If more users will contact support for new firmware, maybe somebody in AOR company will accept, that they have major problems with their "flag ship" receivers.

73 de OK1ZOO

OK1-35037

There are many problems, but one example from many ...

If you use CTCSS/DCS decoding (for example waiting for defined station with defined subaudible tone) after aprox 10 min. this function will be turned off. After that, the only possibility how this function will be turned on again, is to restart receiver. You can mark this bug, if you open squelch and turn on tone decoding, after 10 minutes receiver will open squelch for full noise. If you have turned on recording - only noise will be recorded.

CTCSS squelch function works without problems on cheapest China transmitters - on receiver "Quality made in Japan" for 5000 € not.

sub101uk

Well we all waiting to hear Mike what seems to be your problem , Because I have no idea what your talking about maybe one of the other group members can explain ?

alanswebb

I write this in the hope it will benefit future buyers of this radio. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE install the SD card that ships with the radio. This will help eliminate any problems that Brian has experienced. I understand its been six weeks now without any issues (as this is when he installed the SD card.)
This is not to discredit Brian in any way. As I said, it is to inform potential buyers. We all make mistakes from time to time and learning from them is crucial, if only to help others.

G7HID

Thanks for that Alan, it answered the question for me..
As Alan said: We all make mistakes from time to time and learning from them is crucial, if only to help others.
Mike

sub101uk

Like I have already said my AOR 5700D is working fine now and having the SD card installed or not does not do a thing as its just a storage device nothing more . Think about it does your DV1 work ok with your SD card not installed the answer is yes . When the radio does stop working again your be the first to know .

Members of the FB 5700D group will be the first to know .As for buying a new 5700D with the amount of problems that I have had I dont think so its a pity that Icom dont do a scanner that does DMR but we all know that is a non runner . When you think this radio sells at £4.5k . All my other gear is Icom , If I had these problems with my IC-7851 that would have gone straight back but unlike AOR they Icom UK service all there gear in the UK and are not sent back to Japan .

So as I have said before my 5700D is working at the moment but for how long I have no idea ? So the only mistake I made was buying the radio in the first place .