first time using scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

na_carlos55

hi like the title said im a newbie and i have not a clue what to do with the new uniden bc346xt i got i loved listing to a scanner one of my freinds had and so i got one and i was wondering if anyone would help me with instructions how to set up to listen to the police and other emergency things in amarillo tx please it would be a big help if someone would help me by giving step by step instuctions that would be the the best thing ever or if you know of anywhere that programs these things for you

captclint

Mentor
hi like the title said im a newbie and i have not a clue what to do with the new uniden bc346xt
Ok, the 1st thing is to see what you may want to program. Here is what we have for Potter County Then, you should look at this Easier to Read BC246T Scanner Manual The 346 is an upgrade to the 246, but programing is basically the same. So go here Creating a system and group and Create a new Conventional system called Potter county. Then in the the group under that, add channels ( Programming Channels ) listed on the Potter country page. Then add another group called Medical Support, and add those frequencies, etc .

The key to understanding the programming is to think of a System as a main folder on your PC. It can be anything. Then, add groups which are like sub folders under the main folder. The idea behind organizing things is to create systems and group of things you want to turn on and off with quick keys. For example, you may only want to listen to the Medical Support occasionally, so that group can be turned on with a quick key whenever you want. Amarillo, City of has both Police and Fire. If you create a system for Amarillo City, and groups(sub folders) for Police and Fire, then you can turn off the police when a big fire hits so you can concentrate on Fire. Organization is whatever you want it to be, and most of us are adjusting it regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.