Florida Freq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

emtbls1987

Hello

I just got a radio from i believe FHP that i am going to use for My fire Dept. i need to find out the freq. for these. TTY3,car-car4,ALL PTS, Fire 1, BPD. just till i get it programed for my county. just want to see if there are freq in this that i maybe able to use till then

thank you

emtbls1987

Thanks for the info but i have checked and cant fiqure out those that i listed. I found out the other but these are stumping me. Im in Flathead County.

emtbls1987

Florida Freq

i am a really Public Safety Personal. the Guy i am having program my radio is an authorized Motorola Dealers and programs all the County. And City Radios. He wouldnt even program my radio if i wasnt a really public Safety Member. And even if he did program it if i was not a Public Safety Member he would only Program the outputs and set it up as no transmit just recieve but i know he wouldnt even touch it if i wasn't

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
OK, so you're a really Public Safety Personal, and you know a Guy that's a Motorola Dealers. You still haven't answered the question of what county in which you are public safety personnel. There is no "Flathead" county in Florida.

Last edited:

emtbls1987

Info

Montana. Not Florida and i checked out the info were i bought the radio. Govt. Action. and i cant tell if it was FHP or somewere else i just think it was from there but have a hunch it was a from a govt dept not FHP since it was n a Govt. Action

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
1987, now your original post makes sense. If your radio is uses conventional freqs, leave each channel on for an hour or two and see if you hear anything. Then you'll have your answer as to whether or not any of those freqs are being used in your county.

emtbls1987

Florida Freq

10-4 i thought about that was going to see if i could figure it out but your right would probably be better then wasting my time trying to figure it out. i know the Maroon. White. and Blue are used in Flathead Co But not worried about Blue since it is a Law Mutal Aid freq and of course i dont need that inless i move to LE in the Park Service

Thanks for the info

radiomanNJ1

Mr. Public Safety Personal, What brand and model is your radio? Is there a model number on the radio?

The state of Florida has been on an 800mhz EDACS radio system for years.

Motorola radios on 800 Mhz. were turned in and destroyed and not sold at government auction.

Flathead Co. Montana shows to be on a VHF system. The state of Florida has not used this band in over 10 years.

Last edited:

emtbls1987

Florida

This radio is VHF and have tested it it works great just that it is wide band. Am just going to use it till we move to Full Narrowband. By then i will upgrade to a Motorola Astro Spectra. I know the Astro Spectras work great because we use them up in Glacier National Park. yes i am NPS. We used digital on some of our local freq and it worked great i was 30 miles away with out using our rept ( ParkWide) and was able to talk crystal clear with another employee. i have found some of the freq for it i used my scanner. Wish i could switch this radio to be narrow banded but in sure you cant. anyways thanks

radiomanNJ1

You have the best luck Mr. Public Safety Personal. 30 miles away on simplex. That is another beyond belief operation. Similar to finding an old radio and deciding it was a Florida radio.

This radio is VHF and have tested it it works great just that it is wide band. Am just going to use it till we move to Full Narrowband. By then i will upgrade to a Motorola Astro Spectra. I know the Astro Spectras work great because we use them up in Glacier National Park. yes i am NPS. We used digital on some of our local freq and it worked great i was 30 miles away with out using our rept ( ParkWide) and was able to talk crystal clear with another employee. i have found some of the freq for it i used my scanner. Wish i could switch this radio to be narrow banded but in sure you cant. anyways thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.