Fort Worth Trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

jared2295

Premium Subscriber
Is there any way to program a Motorola radio for the Fort Worth Trunking System? I want a big, strong, and sturdy radio (like the Motorola HT1250) that I could use to MONITOR Fort Worth Fire Department. I have always prefered Motorola radios over regular scanners, because of their reception and durability. I have one radio for monitoring VHF, and another for UHF and now I would really like to be able to monitor FWFD, if it is possible.

Thanks,
Jared2295
DFW242
KE5VLJ

redhelmet13

Nope - 800 Mhz analog Motorola TRS soon to be rebanded. They are getting rid of loads of old MTS2000 handhelds that will not work once rebanding happens.

redhelmet13

moving from 866 Mhz down 15 Mhz. This is a bit complicated since Motorola analog systems use "channel numbers" assigined to each frequency in the 800 Mhz range. These is a Wiki entry elsewhere on this site and also some forum posts that explain what happens when a system is rebanded. A lot of the older 800 Mhz capable scanners which follow trunked systems will not track once this rebanding happens to a system. I suggest you brosw this is ite for more information on rebanding.

Good scanning

VictorXray

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
I believe someone answered your original question the first time you asked it on the DFWScan Yahoo group.

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
A MTS2000 will work after rebanding. A MTX8000 won't. But to answer the OPs question. Yes you can. Just be sure to program your radio with the PTT Button as blank or unprogrammed, turn TX Inhibit on, and Affiliate on PTT not Automatically.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.