Franklin County/Columbus P25 System Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasby

I'm still confused why I seem to receive everything in Franklin County except the Columbus Fire talk groups. I literally hear nothing out of CFD. Nothing on 10 FIRE, or anything for that matter. Anyone have any ideas? I'm using the TRX-2 in northern Franklin County, around the Polaris Pkwy area. I've been scanning for over 15 years, but am out of ideas on this one. Maybe some advanced settings in the radio I need to play with?

I doubt its the settings. The Unidens are the scanners that require almost constant tweaking on Simulcast systems.

The proof is in the various threads about adjusting the decode to manual 8 from the auto setting, switching from FM to NFM, updating the experimental firmware... the list goes on and on.

The Whistler units tend to work quite well with minimal adjustments right out of the box.

However, neither brands have conquered the simulcast enigma.

cbehr91

Premium Subscriber
I use the default settings on my 436HP and the only talkgroup that sometimes sounds weird is 10 FIRE the automated dispatch but I remember there being a comment that someone else reported that as well. MECC dispatch is a lot clearer.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
For some strange reason at times, on both my HP-2 and 436 when I hold on a CFD department or TG it will go silent until I resume to scan then it all comes back. It only does this on Columbus Fire. I confirmed the loss of reception by listening to the feed.

au1344

Premium Subscriber
Columbus Police Investigations

Been hearing a lot of talk on 57050 lately that sounds like stakeouts, based on the radio ids it is definitely CPD but not sure what unit. Just wanted to pass along to anyone interested.

au1344

Premium Subscriber
if its an active investigation you should delete this post, repost it later.

I am not that stupid to post during anything active, I work in the field. I am simply trying to get a firm ID on this talkgroup for the database.

sopranosno1

New voice channels picked friday, 857.9375,858.0125,859.4875 on the columbus city marcs IP site.

KD8DVR

Been hearing a lot of talk on 57050 lately that sounds like stakeouts, based on the radio ids it is definitely CPD but not sure what unit. Just wanted to pass along to anyone interested.
I have that listed as CPD vice. It's in the database.

AntiSquid Disclaimer: All posted content is personal opinion only and may not imply fact or accusation.

au1344

Premium Subscriber
I have that listed as CPD vice. It's in the database.

AntiSquid Disclaimer: All posted content is personal opinion only and may not imply fact or accusation.

I have VICE as 57334 and VTAC-1 as 57335 and I have heard them on it before. Is it maybe VTAC-2? I have VTAC-2 as 57336 though.

KD8DVR

I have VICE as 57334 and VTAC-1 as 57335 and I have heard them on it before. Is it maybe VTAC-2? I have VTAC-2 as 57336 though.
Wow...you are right. I've got those, too.

I stand corrected.

Usually, I put a question Mark on the label for unconfirmed stuff, and an asterisk on confirmed but unreported stuff.

Confirmed/reported/in database stuff has what I download from the RR database.

I missed that one. Just fixed it

cmhmike1

CPD TGID

Where can i get this new list that is being mentioned, radioreference does not list the ones youve mentioned, thank you

KD8DVR

57050 as well as 57336 are not in the database.
I know... I got corrected and I realized my error. How I tag groups in unitrunker led me to believe it was.

KD8DVR

Where can i get this new list that is being mentioned, radioreference does not list the ones youve mentioned, thank you
All verified talkgroups are in the downloadable database. My earlier indication was in error.

au1344

Premium Subscriber
57336 is unconfirmed but as of now I am 80% sure of its use. Once I confirm it 100% I will submit it, Same goes for 57050.

au1344

Premium Subscriber
I think I may have found who I think is Upper Arlington Service department. TG is 57418. They were talking about doing a project on Dierker Road near Coach Road. Other streets in Upper Arlington were also mentioned. If anybody else happens to hear this and know more then we can get it added to the DB.

KD8DVR

57336 is unconfirmed but as of now I am 80% sure of its use. Once I confirm it 100% I will submit it, Same goes for 57050.

There was a car calling for Vice earlier on 57050. He called the channel "Vice". A minute later, he tried again on the real VICE main talkgroup. What it is actually used for still eludes me. (well, it likely IS vice of some sorts) Like indicated earlier, there already is a Vice main, as well as a VTAC1 and such.

amcferrin90

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know in the fire template on the Columbus radios which zone is the former or current EZ groups or special event groups? I am actually in the need to give someone direction and don't have a radio to look through.

mmartinfan

Banned
Does anyone know in the fire template on the Columbus radios which zone is the former or current EZ groups or special event groups? I am actually in the need to give someone direction and don't have a radio to look through.

My template isnt finalized so its up in the 30's I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.