Funny/Odd things heard on the scanner

DVINTHEHOUSEMAN

Up North
Listening to a GMRS repeater, hearing a random keyup every few minutes. Besides a couple instances of someone else playing music, someone eventually got on after the kerchunk and said in a Monty Python-esque accent "If thou cannot thinketh before thou transmiteth, shut thou up."

IC-R20

LoBand Nation
Listening to a GMRS repeater, hearing a random keyup every few minutes. Besides a couple instances of someone else playing music, someone eventually got on after the kerchunk and said in a Monty Python-esque accent "If thou cannot thinketh before thou transmiteth, shut thou up."
Same reason I never scan HAME either, it’s nothing but kerchunking all the time holding up the scanner.

DVINTHEHOUSEMAN

Up North
Up north we never have any kerchunks on GMRS, mainly because there's no repeaters. We do hear the tourists though on the first 5 channels. HAM is too dead to be worth scanning here.

Now the highway department repeater, that thing falses a *lot*. Lots and lots of squelch tails, followed by the 3 or 4 second repeater tail. It doesn't sound very great when someone tries to talk on it, either.

IC-R20

LoBand Nation
Up north we never have any kerchunks on GMRS, mainly because there's no repeaters. We do hear the tourists though on the first 5 channels. HAM is too dead to be worth scanning here.

Now the highway department repeater, that thing falses a *lot*. Lots and lots of squelch tails, followed by the 3 or 4 second repeater tail. It doesn't sound very great when someone tries to talk on it, either.
The cactus intertie repeater near me does that a lot too followed by the 2 to 5 minute tail since 200 other repeaters just chunked with it. Sometimes the owner will get fed up and disconnect the link.

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Heard on the Medflight talkgroup --

Medflight Unit: "I like turtles"
Dispatcher: "Alabama LifeSaver <unit #>, traffic was broken and unreadable, please readvise."

The traffic was most definitely not broken and unreadable :LOL: For those not in-the-know, he is referencing this:

IC-R20

LoBand Nation
A few mins ago, on the local ambulance dispatch:
Patient accidentally to their dog's trazodone.

I have a few questions.
I’m sure the ER staff did too lmao neither of which are cops/law enforcement and won’t rat you out. They just want to help you so it’s best to be honest about what you were dosing.