• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G-Series Trunking Free Scan Beta Test II

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevecch

Unication Representative
Unication Representative
Hello,

We're getting more and more customers to require re-open the Trunking Free Scan Beta Test again in the past few weeks. Therefore, after discussion in the internal meeting, to show Unication's gratitude to your long-term support to Unication, we decide to re-open the Trunking Free Scan Beta Test for you guys.

This time everyone can apply to the beta test qualification but with one condition. Unication would like to gather your PPS profile for the researching purpose.
Actually, we're building a PPS Sharing Center Platform (like the PPS profile database.) This is the nonprofit platform and we hope all the Unication users can help each other on it. By sharing the PPS profile to each other, everyone can benefit from it.

So, if you're willing to share the PPS profile to the platform, Unication will provide you the V1.40 beta firmware (as the same, the update will lock to your S/N)
Please be noted that your PPS profile information will be shared with others, so before you upload the file, please delete the private setting and keep the other setting.

Trunking Free Scan Beta Test Application Page: Unication Codeplug Sharing System
1. Click the page link above.
2. Select "Trunking Free Scan Beta Test Registration" to apply the qualification.
3. If you're not interested in the 1.40 beta test but want to share your PPS profile with others, you can select "Profile Sharing Center User Upload."

1.40 Beta Software Release Note
  1. Allow the pager to have the “Hold/Unhold” function of the talk group ID in the Trunking Multi-TG Scan receiving mode. In the voice call receiving mode, users can change the talk group ID receiving setting of the current knob by operating the pager’s hard-key. Users can keep listening to the voice message of the current TGID broadcasting until the users Un-Hold the TGID or turn the knob to another knob.
  2. Allow the pager to have the “temporary remove” function of the talk group ID in the Trunking Multi-TG Scan receiving mode. In the voice call receiving mode, users can change the talk group ID receiving setting of the current knob by operating the pager’s hard-key. Users can temporarily remove the TGID that us listening to from the original TGID list until the users Un-Hold the TGID or turn the knob to another knob.
  3. Added the Trunking Free Scan mode to the pager’s receiving mode. When the knob is set to Trunking Free Scan mode, the pager supports the “All band scan” and “Trunking Multi-System Scan” mode.
  4. Added the new function that the users can set and display the alias of the dispatch ID or the alias of other sending devices.
  5. Added the Trunking Free Scan mode to the pager’s receiving mode. When the knob is set to Trunking Free Scan mode, the pager supports the “Talk Group ID Scan Delay Time” function.
  6. Added the Trunking Free Scan mode to the pager’s receiving mode. When the knob is set to Trunking Free Scan mode and the pager is under Trunking Multi-System scan mode, the pager supports the “Site Stay Delay Time” function
  7. Added the Trunking Free Scan mode to the pager’s receiving mode. When the knob is set to Trunking Free Scan mode, the users can change the original function of the “RESET” key on the side of the pager to the “TG-Hold” key function and change the original function of the “Playback” key on the top of the pager to the “TG-Block/Remove” key function.
Caution! Please read the items below before you upgrade your G-series voice pager to the V1.40 Free Scan Beta version.
  • Once you upgrade to the V1.40 Free Scan Beta version, you CAN NOT downgrade to V1.30, V1.20, or older firmware version.
  • This V1.40 Free Scan Beta version has included all the improvements and updates in the official V1.30 firmware that is going to be released in several weeks.
  • Trunking Free Scan feature only exists in the V1.40 Free Scan Beta version. The coming regular V1.30, 1.40, and even 1.50 will not include the free scan feature.
  • Unication will constantly update the V1.40 Free Scan Beta version if there occur any issues in the future.
  • If the users do not want to have the free scan feature in their pager anymore, they have to wait until V1.50 to update their voice pager.
Thank you and please let me know below if you have any questions.

Steve

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
Steve,is the reference file to share the radio ref csv files?
Reference File Browse
How soon will the download pps be ready?

Last edited:

stevecch

Unication Representative
Unication Representative
Steve,is the reference file to share the radio ref csv files?
Reference File Browse
How soon will the download pps be ready?
For the PPS sharing center, we're still working on it. Next week I will describe more about it. The users can upload the PPS profiles (not csv file) and download the PPS profiles on that platform.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
Ok what is reference file upload?
also your current beta testers do we need to re sign up?

For the PPS sharing center, we're still working on it. Next week I will describe more about it. The users can upload the PPS profiles (not csv file) and download the PPS profiles on that platform.

AdamHLG

I signed up and uploaded the PPS file this morning. It said upload successful. I guess we wait for an email with a download link? Just making sure there is nothing else to do on my end. Thanks again for this.

Also a question on the PPS sharing center. I can only assume with these new features on 1.4 that I will be reprogramming my PPS file to optimize the new features. For example with the new TG hold feature, this will greatly reduce my zone mapping and make things way more efficient. Will there be a way to upload the new PPS file to replace the previously uploaded file? Happy to share my work but the next user would probably want the most up to date optimized version of the file.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Will the sharing center identify who submitted that profile, or will it be totally anonymous? E.g. "Joe Smith, Anytown, USA, pager's PPS settings"

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
In testing the share site we did have them remove and not show persons name or email address and they did on test site remove it.So real sure that info WILL NOT be shown.Now this is for the UPLOAD PAGE INFO.If your private info is in your PPS that needs to be removed before uploading file.
Will the sharing center identify who submitted that profile, or will it be totally anonymous? E.g. "Joe Smith, Anytown, USA, pager's PPS settings"

Last edited:

AdamHLG

Good point - because when I saw the original post I was so excited that when I uploaded my PPS file I forgot to remove my name and firehouse logo from the home screen settings. I would prefer that it be deleted before being made public but it is what it is. Not like its really secret or anything. This is part of the reason why I asked if we can upload an updated PPS file.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone received an email with the download link since submitting their pps
When they opened up the first beta, it took a few weeks before they sent links out. They coded your serial number into the beta so that may slow things down while they gather new testers info. Just my guess.

picscan

Premium Subscriber
I had the V1.40 Free Scan Beta on my G5, I had to send it in for repairs and was told it's not repairable and they would send a refurbished model. Am I going to be able to use my old PPS files on the new one now that it won't be the same serial number?

Hit_Factor

I had the V1.40 Free Scan Beta on my G5, I had to send it in for repairs and was told it's not repairable and they would send a refurbished model. Am I going to be able to use my old PPS files on the new one now that it won't be the same serial number?
I would think so, that's how a FD would setup multiple pagers.

N6ML

I'd expect that you can use the PPS files, but you'll need to load the beta firmware on the new unit first. Since that's tied to the serial number (I think? I'm not worthy of the beta program, so not sure), you'll need to get a new beta installer with the new serial number.

AdamHLG

Here is a link for a few Step-by-Step guides that I have put together for the beta test firmware. Please note that the guides represent my opinion of the functions of the new firmware and may contain errors. If errors are found or you have any additional guide requests, please send me a PM.

Thank you this is great. This confirms to me what someone posted in another thread that alpha tagging is coming for unit IDs! I'm pretty stoked to join this beta program and super appreciative that it was opened back up by Unication. I want to reiterate my thought that a PPS database that enabled us to re-upload our PPS files to keep them fresh would be fantastic. I would update my PPS with alpha tags in the weeks and months to come and would re-upload the file for others to enjoy.

dhmann1811

Premium Subscriber
Greetings,

I'm fairly new to Unication and I have a G5. Apparently, I'm also computer illiterate because I can not find my pager codeplug to download for the Beta (.unipps). I even did a search on my computer with no luck. Yes, my pager is programmed and works correctly. Could someone please help? Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.