• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G4 Ear Bud Poll

pandel

Just a quick poll
What brand of Bluetooth earbuds do you use for your G4?
I had been using a set of Tozo T10's without any issues until they died. Now I have a set of Tozo T12's that will work perfectly sometimes and then other times will begin every transmission with call announce saying "Incoming Call".
I know this is a known issue and the topic has been beaten to death. I'm not looking to reopen that whole box of worms. I'm just asking for a simple poll of what everyone is using (without issues) with their G4/5. Thanks in advance!

GILLIG40

Premium Subscriber
I use Tozo T6 & JLab GO AIR POP. They both pair without issues. And the battery charge in both of them last a long time. I prefer the JLabs because they don’t have as much bass as the T6. So the JLab vocal audio sounds cleaner.

pandel

Thanks all, I will start looking tomorrow. I use my G4 when I walk every morning and that "Incoming Call" announcement is starting to get old very quickly.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Have settled on and used Jabra Mini earphone 1.0.0 for years now. Very good for driving. Connects all the time to with no problem to the G5 Pagers. Good range if you walk away from the unit for some reason. I got mine for cheaper than this Amazon link, over at Best Buy.
How's the audio level? I find I have to turn up the G5 volume all the way to hear it, in the couple of Bluetooth earbuds I have tried.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
How's the audio level? I find I have to turn up the G5 volume all the way to hear it, in the couple of Bluetooth earbuds I have tried.
Very good and loud. Has a nice up/down volume tab that's easy to use. It's in/on your ear and easily can hear over Car/Truck noise. NO (Incoming Call) announcements

Opossum214

Premium Subscriber
I have Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 and Apple earpods, both always seem to be garbled on my and not clear at all on the G4. Do the ones listed here perform better than Galaxy and Apple?

wmlovell

Premium Subscriber
In the "Pager Configuration Tab" there is a "BT Headset Setting" with an option to enable or disable "BT Headset Incoming Call Notification". I don't use BT Headsets on my Unication but I was under the impression that not having this enabled stops those announcements.

pandel

In the "Pager Configuration Tab" there is a "BT Headset Setting" with an option to enable or disable "BT Headset Incoming Call Notification". I don't use BT Headsets on my Unication but I was under the impression that not having this enabled stops those announcements.
You Sir, are a genius. That one simple suggestion fixed my entire problem!
I completely missed that switch and so did the vender (name withheld) when I spoke with him on Friday asking for help.
Thanks Again!

picscan

Premium Subscriber
My AirPods Pro started working again with my g5. I also use some generic ear pods from amazon, my 39G and the loudest ones I have used are the LG HBS 750, I wear these on my motorcycle because you can't lose them if they fall out, never have fallen out though.

Last edited:

WQWD609

Premium Subscriber
I use the Noxgear39g and also my google pixel buds pro. The only issue with the pixel buds is when I am listening to music on my phone and paired with the pager at the same time. When a call comes in over the pager it will switch to the pager and I will hear it but when it switchs back to my phone the music only plays in the right bud. I have to take the left bud out and re pair it.