Gainesville, FL Utility Board Authorizes Sale Of Trunked Radio System To Alachua County

Gatorman

At their meeting last night, 11/1/23, authorized the general manager of GRU to go ahead with the sale of their trunked radio system to Alachua County. The vote was unanimous. Sale price is $8 million. GRU will lose money on the sale. Current agreement for the radio system expires on 11/31/23. All public safety agencies in Alachua County including local police departments utilize the GRU trunking system. GRU is overwhelmed by debt and the FL Gov has moved to take over operation of the utility.

RFI-EMI-GUY

At their meeting last night, 11/1/23, authorized the general manager of GRU to go ahead with the sale of their trunked radio system to Alachua County. The vote was unanimous. Sale price is $8 million. GRU will lose money on the sale. Current agreement for the radio system expires on 11/31/23. All public safety agencies in Alachua County including local police departments utilize the GRU trunking system. GRU is overwhelmed by debt and the FL Gov has moved to take over operation of the utility.
Wow, I wonder if Duke or FPL will buy the utility? Folks will be paying through the nose for power. We were on a decent Coop in Tallahassee, still get dividend checks every December.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Wow, I wonder if Duke or FPL will buy the utility? Folks will be paying through the nose for power. We were on a decent Coop in Tallahassee, still get dividend checks every December.
GRU is high as FPL & Duke. GRU you pay more in taxes than the electric use it self. Some people and I call GRU something else :ROFLMAO:

whooey

I live in Gainesville, there have been several posts on FB "GNV word of mouth" where they don't even read the meter and send out $1000 utility bills.