Got my PSR-500 today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

emscapt9816

Retired, but somehow working harder now...
Premium Subscriber
...and boy am I happy. I downloaded Don's Win500, (I have 92, 95, 96, and 97), imported my PRO-96 setup, and was up and running in less than 60 seconds. Great job, Don. I ordered my rig on eBay from Lentini Comm yesterday, and got it this afternoon. Talk about fast. Time to play!

raisindot

emslt245 said:
...and boy am I happy. I downloaded Don's Win500, (I have 92, 95, 96, and 97), imported my PRO-96 setup, and was up and running in less than 60 seconds. Great job, Don. I ordered my rig on eBay from Lentini Comm yesterday, and got it this afternoon. Talk about fast. Time to play!

I did exactly the same thing...bought on Ebay from Lentini using Paypal on a Wednesday, it arrived on Friday, no sales tax and free shipping. If had bought from Scannermaster (whose heaquarters is less than right down the street from me), I would have had to pay $25 in tax...and would have to wait because they didn't have any in stock.

Did the same thing you did with importing my Win95 objects in Win500. I'm actually trying out all three software packages, and advise you to try as well. I like PSREdit's layout a bit more, but, in the end, I think most people use Win500, which should make it easier to find Win500 files for other areas of the country for when I'm traveling.

Enjoy!

Suzie

emscapt9816

Premium Subscriber
So Much for Sleeping...

I really like the Starrsoft software. I found the Win500 to be just as intuitive as Win96, Win97, etc. Needless to say, when I got home from work this morning, I got busy tweaking my settings, loading V-folders, LISTENING!!! I'm very happy so far. Thanks to all the owners who have posted info on this radio. The posts allowed me to make an informed decision to purchase, although I did have to sell one of my beloved PRO-96's to do it. At least it's found a good home with another Paramedic. ;)

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
emslt245 said:
I thought you where getting one from a guy here, did that deal work out ?

bessiedawg

ME TOO !!!

I just got mine yesterday. Great radio. I do have one question however. I am not using the computer programming as our area systems are few and not complex. However the first thing I did was hop over to jsut check out what the preprogrammed V-folders look like. Tonight I was programming my first system, but I think I am actually programming into the V-folders. I think I should have started building my objects outside of the v-folders.

How do I escape from V-folders to get back to the regular programming mode?

Thanks

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
I got my PSR-500 too. Alex and his staff have a top notch business , I ordered from Lentini Comm on ebay and had mine delivered next day !

emscapt9816

Premium Subscriber
"The Deal"..

lowboy654 said:
I thought you where getting one from a guy here, did that deal work out ?
...went belly up, when, according to Robin, someone contacted GRE, and the reseller became "reluctant" to sell to us as a group. Even though the deal fell apart, Robin was in constant communication with me. As far as dealing with Lentini Communications, the purchase could not have gone easier. I have heard wonderful things before I saw the listings on ebay. Living on Long Island, I was fortunate enough to get my PSR-500 in 1 DAY! I'm still tweaking the settings, and my next purchase will be a notch filter. I am getting KILLED by local FM radio stations. It was bad with the PRO-96, it's worse now. The built in attenuator helps, but after reading reviews and comments on both here and eHam, I need a filter. Scanner Master is sold out, so I'll be giving PAR electronics a call. As far as setting up the V-folders, I do EVERYTHING through Win500, same as I did with Win96. I downloaded and saved the factory V-folders to the laptop, and imported my Win96 settings to Win500, set up scan lists, removed duplicates, saved those settings into new V-folders on the laptop, cleared the V-folders from the radio, then uploaded my new V-folders to the radio. I currently have 3 V-folders in the rig, with more to come. I haven't slept in 3 days...

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
emslt245 said:
...went belly up, when, according to Robin, someone contacted GRE, and the reseller became "reluctant" to sell to us as a group. Even though the deal fell apart, Robin was in constant communication with me. As far as dealing with Lentini Communications, the purchase could not have gone easier. I have heard wonderful things before I saw the listings on ebay. Living on Long Island, I was fortunate enough to get my PSR-500 in 1 DAY! I'm still tweaking the settings, and my next purchase will be a notch filter. I am getting KILLED by local FM radio stations. It was bad with the PRO-96, it's worse now. The built in attenuator helps, but after reading reviews and comments on both here and eHam, I need a filter. Scanner Master is sold out, so I'll be giving PAR electronics a call. As far as setting up the V-folders, I do EVERYTHING through Win500, same as I did with Win96. I downloaded and saved the factory V-folders to the laptop, and imported my Win96 settings to Win500, set up scan lists, removed duplicates, saved those settings into new V-folders on the laptop, cleared the V-folders from the radio, then uploaded my new V-folders to the radio. I currently have 3 V-folders in the rig, with more to come. I haven't slept in 3 days...
Thanks I thought this deal might go down hill so I bought my PSR-500 from the same people that you got yours from and I can not Waite to get mine. Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.