GRE spare parts, how do you get them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancow

Database Admin
I've emailed. I've called and was told I would get a call back... nothing.

I need some plastic cover parts but I can't get a hold of them. At this rate I guess I'll order PRO-97 parts from the Shack.

kevins669

Database Admin
Well, your needing of plastics brings up the question... Why so soon, GRE?

If GRE can possibly have a good plastic shell made for these radios (exhibit: XTS5000), perhaps we would not need to replace plastics as often.

For all the haters that will undoubtedly direct me to buy a commercial radio if I want that, my answer is: We shoudn't have to.

I just want to be able to drop it from a reasonable height or rub it against something. Oh, and to protect my $500 investment

I will give GRE $50 for a Commercial-grade case, a new keypad to accomodate the thicker plastic, and a battery insert to keep the holder in place.

So, I hope you get your plastic case, but I also wish you never needed it in the first place :)

-- Kevin

digitizing

What email addres did you contact them ?
or using this contact from ?
and what department did you chose ?

I need to buy some parts too.

tilt404

I used the contact email on their site also and got a quick reply, telling me to call them to place the part order if I wish. This is the contact email I got the reply from mherbert@greamerica.com. I asked about a replacement keypad for my psr800. Got a price quote from them and number to call to order it. No problems at all and quick reply.

tilt404

Good to know, and this was just 2 weeks ago, so glad he's still working there. I thought if anything is going to wear out on my psr800 it would be the keypad so asked about ordering a spare. The price was very reasonable. Should be able to finally place my order next month.

digitizing

I used the contact email on their site also and got a quick reply, telling me to call them to place the part order if I wish. This is the contact email I got the reply from mherbert@greamerica.com. I asked about a replacement keypad for my psr800. Got a price quote from them and number to call to order it. No problems at all and quick reply.
so you still need to call them by phone ?
actually I'm from Asia, to call them by phone would be expensive.

I also have contact them and get reply,
but not get reply anymore after they say that will forward to shipping dept to ask the shipping quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.