HackRF One And DSD+ Decoding

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxy647130

Hi I now own a HackRF One I'm using DSD+ for decoding but when I use the HackRF the decoding comes back garbled. Now if I switch over and use a NooElec dongle the decoding comes in very clear same Freq it just seems that the little dongle is stronger than he HackRF One. Is there somthing I'm missing and ys filter audio is unchecked I can be decoding 460.500 p25 with the little dongle all is well now if I just stop SDR# and switch it to the HackRF (from the drop down box) it's garbled. Any help would be great you can pm me so I don't tie up this thread. I did check the data base for a answer before I did this post so if I missed it I am not trying to cross questioning. P.S. I do pick up planes on AM and non-decoding freq also my ham-it-up wor ith the HackRF just the decoding noise is my issue thanks for any help in advance newbie here. O I'm running windows 8.1 if that helps at all.

foxy647130

yess I keep it at 50 on both I have the AMP check on the HRF also and tried it with out the amp also thinking to much power I;m close if I can just get passed the garbled I can kinda make out what they say with the HRF the little dongle makes it seem there standing next to me. So is the top slider for HRF just for singnals and the vga slider just changes the color right

frazpo

the hackrf needs 50 ppm also? Have you confirmed you need that much on Hackrf. Have you calibrated it?
It being the same would be rare. Especially a higher priced one

foxy647130

No I just went with it because of the little dongle O please how do I calibrate the HRF I don't have any fancy tools to use.

frazpo

Enter a confirmed strong weather radio frequency in the field at top of SDR#. Use the PPM to adjust your tuner line to the strongest peak on the water fall. Before making this adjustment you will see that the frequency entered may not be on your strongest point of your vertical tuner bar.
Do this after your dongle has been is use 10 or so minutes.
You may want to use zoom to make your peaks more easy to see.

I only use the cheap dongle. But the PPM adjustment should be same for hackrf

frazpo

Put it on the exact frequency. One of the strong weather frequencies. Not with the slider bar. Enter the numbers in the readout.

Or if you have a good solid control channel that you know of. Use that.

You are going to use the PPM adjustment to align the strongest point to the tuner bar.

foxy647130

Finally got it to start decoding with 96% clear voice did the calibration and messed with the LAN Gain and VGA Gain also switched over to VB audio from VAC I have used VCA for as long as I could remember It just seems HackRF One likes VB when decoding thanks for all the help I thought I had bought a $300 paper weight I'v been working on this for a week well its done and I took a picture of my settings just in case I move something I want to remember exactly how to put them back . Thanks again for the help keep on scanning the airwaves.

frazpo

Great. Yes the PPM will be slightly different on all dongles and need calibrated.

foxy647130

Hi back again have you seen any post about the new SDR# release new build SDR# v 1.0.0 1333 has no RTL/USB in the download list have you checked this out If you know of a post please let me know and thr HackRF One is decoding just fine but now I can't switch to my RTL dongle

foxtail

Premium Subscriber
Foxy, you're saying that the PPM is set to 65 there about? On mine it's been adjusted to -8.0. Also last week I had the chance to finally put the HACK into a Hammond dis-cast case. It made a world of difference for imaging. I would suggest anyone with a hackrf to try it. Later.

Status
Not open for further replies.