Help me help you

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
idk, but I just found this from a google search I did trying to find the link to the show..

From my research from the link that I found, it would appear that he owns AirSpy.US which is the US distributor for AirSpy
Well, that certainly puts some things into perspective and might even explain this thread from earlier this year, where people were complaining about Airspy.us being unresponsive. Sounds like someone has stretched himself a bit thin. :whistle:

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
JB was on the Scanner Master show last night; he's just not here all that much. Probably wants to avoid getting pummeled with the same questions about where's the new firmware, the TWiki, etc.

Can't really say I blame him....Mike
idk, but I just found this from a google search I did trying to find the link to the show..

I always suspected it was ye old trusted Voyager (Joe) wearing a new hat. ;)
Wow, finally this thread is taking a turn, I could never really figure it out, it made no sense, until now.

For those Old-Timers who know what the deal is now, after seven months and well over a thousand posts without one Improvement to the SDS series, quite honestly, I had my doubts when first of all... The cheesy name of Joe bearcat as opposed to a real person and why he did not respond to my request for him to take the latest serial number sds 200 into his office with a screwdriver and confirm that the hum issue had been resolved.

This Thread needs to be shot and buried. Enough already.

MStep

Wow, finally this thread is taking a turn, I could never really figure it out, it made no sense, until now.

For those Old-Timers who know what the deal is now, after seven months and well over a thousand posts without one Improvement to the SDS series, quite honestly, I had my doubts when first of all... The cheesy name of Joe bearcat as opposed to a real person and why he did not respond to my request for him to take the latest serial number sds 200 into his office with a screwdriver and confirm that the hum issue had been resolved.

This Thread needs to be shot and buried. Enough already.

Why is everyone so suddenly surprised ??? The writing has been on the wall, and in this thread, for a long time. You've read many of my previous posts trentbob. So I knew that you knew. And you knew that I knew.

I liked the "What's My Line" tie-in. Blindfolds on for the Mystery Challenger.

Last edited:

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
This would be why he can not get anything done about bad products as the old saying goes:
ITS TIME TO PUT UP OR SHUTUP.
Given these latest revelations Buddy, unfortunately, this is one date, that won't be putting out LOL.

I always wondered why he was the one who had the first post regarding the passing of Paul in late December 2019. Those of us who were following Paul's blog everyday and knew the scope of the situation, I knew the end was near. Couldn't figure out why after so long not posting, he made the announcement.

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
I always wondered why he was the one who had the first post regarding the passing of Paul in late December 2019. Those of us who were following Paul's blog everyday and knew the scope of the situation, I knew the end was near. Couldn't figure out why after so long not posting, he made the announcement.

Me too!!!! Last posting info...

V Ger.jpg

MStep

Whoever "Joe Bearcat" really is, he did offer folks suggestions on correcting some of the issues they were having with their Uniden scanners, particularly the SDS series. And he certainly admitted on many occasions that he did not rise to the level of a Paul Opitz. I think the thrust of the comments of the past few days would seem to question exactly where in the "pecking order" he is in the Uniden chain of command. Or if he is actually working for Uniden at all. I do recall those posts that other have also mentioned, that he had been "vetted" by Radio Reference.

Most of the frustration, as folks here have mentioned, is that with all of the hundreds of great suggestions made to Joe Bearcat, not a single one has come to fruition, at least as of this date. I hope Joe Bearcat, whoever he really is, continues to participate in a positive way in the forums. But sadly, if he does actually work for Uniden, he is not the guy with that special ability to get things done.

radio3353

Now you folks know why I have not been real kind to JoeBearcat here. I am glad this BS has finally hit the fan. JoeBearcat will never do anything you have asked him to. Shame on him, Uniden and RR for sponsoring this BS. Now you know one reason why I don't pay for 'Premium' access to this site. It is entertainment only in spite of what you fanboys think.

KevinC

The big K
Super Moderator
Now you folks know why I have not been real kind to JoeBearcat here. I am glad this BS has finally hit the fan. JoeBearcat will never do anything you have asked him to. Shame on him, Uniden and RR for sponsoring this BS. Now you know one reason why I don't pay for 'Premium' access to this site. It is entertainment only in spite of what you fanboys think.

Just curious, Sponsoring what "BS"? Are you saying he doesn't actually work for Uniden? f so, how do you know that? Lots of people have more than one job.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Huh? What does RR have to do with this?

Didn't "Joe/Voyager" take a week off from posting so Radio Reference folks could verify his identity...or at least that's what he said and then he was able to use that in his screen name which appeared on every posting he made?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Didn't "Joe/Voyager" take a week off from posting so Radio Reference folks could verify his identity...or at least that's what he said and then he was able to use that in his screen name which appeared on every posting he made?

Correct. Uniden did confirm Joe Bearcat was an employee and at that time, he was given the Uniden Representative badge. Not really sure how that equates to “sponsoring this BS”?

bob550

Premium Subscriber
Most of the frustration, as folks here have mentioned, is that with all of the hundreds of great suggestions made to Joe Bearcat, not a single one has come to fruition, at least as of this date. I hope Joe Bearcat, whoever he really is, continues to participate in a positive way in the forums. But sadly, if he does actually work for Uniden, he is not the guy with that special ability to get things done.
So maybe Joe Bearcat simply serves as a Uniden-sanctioned pressure relief valve whose purpose is to give us an outlet for our frustrations. But if in the end he's powerless to do anything, that'll only increase the frustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.