Help me help you

Status
Not open for further replies.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Correct. Uniden did confirm Joe Bearcat was an employee and at that time, he was given the Uniden Representative badge. Not really sure how that equates to “sponsoring this BS”?

I'm sure that what was meant, but if the link posted is true, he's not an employee of Uniden but of Air Spy?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm sure that what was meant, but if the link posted is true, he's not an employee of Uniden but of Air Spy?

What was posted in the link doesn't mean he isn't affiliated with Uniden in some official capacity. And he runs Airspy.US but isn't an "employee of Airspy". Not hard to understand really. He's representing Uniden (for some time now) but he runs Airspy.US and may or may not be employed in other ways as well. No law against more than one job. And no law against being incompetent at a job either (and I'm not saying he's incompetent -- but to those who are, there is no law against that either).

Nasby

After reading all this, I would be very skeptical of "Joe Bearcat's" credibility or if he can provide any type of real product improvements.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
What was posted in the link doesn't mean he isn't affiliated with Uniden in some official capacity. And he runs Airspy.US but isn't an "employee of Airspy". Not hard to understand really. He's representing Uniden (for some time now) but he runs Airspy.US and may or may not be employed in other ways as well. No law against more than one job. And no law against being incompetent at a job either (and I'm not saying he's incompetent -- but to those who are, there is no law against that either).
Maybe he has 2 jobs???

I re-read his original "Who is Joe Bearcat" thread, and I never saw any reference to "working two jobs" or having/had a position at Air Spy. Hey Joe, maybe chime in here?

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
And he runs Airspy.US but isn't an "employee of Airspy". Not hard to understand really.

Ummm what? :unsure:. So we're down to since he runs the company, he's not an employee of that company? Really starting to reach here trying to save his credibility.

Nothing has been done, empty promises made, lists of bug features made, hardware over bug fixes now....come on out Joe.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Ummm what? :unsure:

Airspy.US is a distributor of Airspy products. Doesn't mean that anybody at Airspy.US is an employee of "Airspy". Who knows if "Airspy" is even a company. Certainly Joe isn't an employee of Youssef. Joe is likely on the books as an employee of Airspy.US (or the other name for the company), but that in no way means he is an employee of "Airspy". Airspy.US != Airspy.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Airspy.US is a distributor of Airspy products. Doesn't mean that anybody at Airspy.US is an employee of "Airspy". Who knows if "Airspy" is even a company. Certainly Joe isn't an employee of Youssef. Joe is likely on the books as an employee of Airspy.US (or the other name for the company), but that in no way means he is an employee of "Airspy". Airspy.US != Airspy.

donc13

Premium Subscriber
Let's see...

I am sure that Uniden would NEVER hire someone familiar with SDR to assist with the SDS series.

NOT!

I am sure a 3 person company would NEVER let one of those persons work for anyone else.

NOT!

You know, I really have a concern that people think that there is this huge conspiracy to scam people here. That people believe that Uniden is sitting back, agreeing to false employment of some sort here and sitting back, laughing their butt off and racking in $ hand over fist.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
After reading all this, I would be very skeptical of "Joe Bearcat's" credibility or if he can provide any type of real product improvements.
And then question me an answer, if JB isn't "part of Uniden"... Then however did he get to announce the firmware update for the BCD996P2 here on June 24, 2021?

Or was that a real Uniden person impersonation of JB to keep the scam going?

🤔
I don't question that he is a representative of Uniden in whatever capacity, part-time or full-time. He certainly is a spokesperson who is familiar with the radios as many of us are.

As far as being skeptical of his being able to make any real product improvements I think the last 7 months speaks for itself, I was put off by the username, Paul had a username also that he was called by but he never hid his identity. That made me uncomfortable right from the get-go unless he really was the grandson of Betty Bearcat.

As far as being Paul's replacement, we all know that nobody can replace Paul but... after about a month when we didn't see the firmware rolling out on a regular basis, or at least the public release of beta firmware I felt that he was not a replacement for Paul but was a spokesman passing along customers concerns to whoever wasn't doing anything at all to address any issues prior.

This arrangement worked for quite a while but it was not sustainable. Let's stay optimistic and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.