Help with BC996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bodean1372

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to program Tuscaloosa County Alabama sheriff dept codes into a BCD996XT, when it scans it will stop on channel with good signal but it is gargled. Any ideas? I am new to this so learning as I go.

Bodean1372

Premium Subscriber
Help with programming Tusc Co Sherriff

I am trying to program Tuscaloosa County Alabama sheriff dept codes into a BCD996XT, when it scans it will stop on channel with good signal but it is gargled. Any ideas? I am new to this so learning as I go

Avery93

Premium Subscriber
Tuscaloosa SO runs encryption on all channels near full-time, so you will not be able to monitor them apart from the few times a unit accidentally disables encryption and transmits in the clear. Tuscaloosa PD is also full-time encrypted on their Ch.1 and Ch.3. I've heard reports that their Ch.2 is still analog, albeit low-power and rarely used. I'm not able to monitor it to confirm.

Tuscaloosa City Fire is the only department in the county running P25 without encryption. Their dispatch channel is mixed-mode, using analog MDC1200 for station alerting and P25 for voice.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Bodean, please don't hijack others peoples threads. If your post has nothing to do with the original topic, please start a new thread. Thanks.

As well, please do not post the same topic to more than one forum. If you check the top of the forum, you will find a stickied thread detailing this rule.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.