Help With programming scanner please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdswimin8

Hi Everyone, I am kind o new to the scanning world but I am in the process of becoming a firefighter and would love to use my scanner to its full ability but I do not know how to program it. It is a RadioShack 20-525 Dual Trunking scanner. I would like to program the Davis, CA polic/fire/EMS frequencies into the scanner so I can have it looking for the frequencies being used but I do not know where to start. If anyone has time please walk me through it? After i get one done im sure i will be able to do the rest. Here is the link to the info Yolo County, California (CA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference and that has everything I want on it. Thank you so much in advance for your help!! Take care!

R1VINCE

Welcome!

Im not sure you are aware of this, but you will not be able to hear alot of the traffic on the Davis PD Trunk Radio System as most all of it is APCO25 digital, and the PRO-95 is not capable of "hearing" it.(your scanner can follow it, but all you will hear is a bunch of noise-no voice)

I know you didnt mention it, but in case you get interested in other systems around-i.e.Vacaville/Fairfield Trunk systems- your radio is not capable of following rebanded trunk systems either, although you can still "hear" the voice comms, it will not "follow" a conversation properly.

For now, you will be able to follow and track the Sacramento TRS properly, but I think they may get rebanded eventually- there is talk of this, but I dont know for sure when, if at all.

There are, ofcourse, still plenty of analog/conventional things to listen to, in-and-around the Davis area. For example, if you like law enforcement, CHP, Woodland PD and Solano County Sheriffs Office are "good listening" in this area(in my opinion)

Good luck and Happy Scanning!

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Davis

for Davis city, Davis, City of (Public Safety) Trunking System, Davis, California - Scanner Frequencies, you will not be able to listen to the Talkgroups with the "D" that is apco 25 digital which the RadioShack 20-52 is not capable of decoding. you will need to upgrade you scanner.
The PRO-95 can not be upgraded. To hear stuff on the Davis TRS you need a digital scanner. I suggest the PSR-500.

Davis fire is simulcast on VHF and you can pick that up with the PRO-95 (154.370)

Status
Not open for further replies.